DAYS: Actress fired.......more cuts expected

• Administrator

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

DAYS Casting Scoop!

Looks like the ax is already falling at DAYS, where rumors of cast cuts abound. Kristen Renton (Morgan) has been pink-slipped and the character will move to Chicago. Insiders whisper that another actress has also been let go, and a beloved vet is on the bubble.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was thinking the same thing about the girl who played Melanie - Molly Burnett. I really like her so far and I hope she is kept around for a little longer. But with Roscoe Born being shipped off and what appeared to be setting a story up for Nicole to have had a child with Trent I worry for her.

• Members

If Corday wants to cut a vet who won't have any impact on the canvas then he should definitely cut Josh Taylor. That poor guy has been dead weight since he first came on as Roman back in the 90s...it isn't that Josh is a bad actor, he was great on Y&R, but he's never, ever been given anything to play on DAYS.

I doubt it's Renee, she's got the autism storyline that is very relevant right now, plus she's a talent and the lone African American woman on the show, Corday can't afford to alienate a single viewer.

If the budget's getting really slashed I could see the following:

FIRED

Bryan Dattillo

Lauren Koslow (get your agent to phone up B&B and come home as Margo Lynley! Hell make a return to Y&R as Lindsey Wells Abbott! Get back in the Bell fold Lauren, it's where you belong!)

Thaoo Penghlis

Josh Taylor

Bumped to Recurring

Peggy McKay

Suzanne Rogers

James Reynolds

Joe Mascolo

Archived