Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lucky Nancy!

Erwin Nicholson was at Edge for years. I wonder why P&G left him there when every other soap got new producers. I can appreciate why Slesar stayed as, Edge was a specialized show to write, Even so, when the ratings dipped,Slesar stayed on for years. However,perhaps a new exec producer may have breathed new life into the show.

Nicholson & Slesar were a team at Edge for many years, Nicholson was producer from 66-84, No other P&G show producer had that kind of longevity.

Maybe Nicholson had some 'leverage' that kept him in a job?!?

• Members

I wonder if he kept the show underbudget or something. Or perhaps they felt Edge was an odd show to deal with or they were scared of interfering too much after their decision to move the show killed its ratings on CBS.

I agree, lucky Nancy. Edge had some very handsome men.

Sorry about posting the same photo twice :lol:

• Members

In Spain....the most old episodes of any soap opera we could see were from ONE LIFE TO LIVE. They only broadcast 130 episodes from 1980-1981 (all started with the famous Sam's birtday party and Asa rescuing her into the sea). These episodes were broadcast here in 1986, and I am looking for these episodes desperatedly, with no luck. I think no one in my country taped any episode!! What a pity! ANd the other soap was Peyton Place in 1990, but about Peyton place there are a lot of fans with all the episodes in English!!! Fortunately, I taped 1 episode in Spanish at the moment!

• Members

I just watched the episode where Raven is alone in mansion and door opens downstairs and RS slips in and closes it behind him and the end shot of skyline appears silently for just two seconds. One of the creepiest moments I've seen. The way he enters and then the sudden close -- gave me shivers. Classic EON.

• Members

Here is the article accompanying the Pat Conwell and Tony Craig fashion spread.

WATCH A RISING STAR

Pat Conwell spoke Spanish before she spoke English, having lived the years of her early childhood in Mexico. She and her family then made their home in Ireland and traveled extensively in Europe. But today, after all the strange and exotic places she's visited, Pat loves New York. She and her husband, Chuck, share a life in theatre, as he directs, acts and was seen this summer, in the New York Shakespeare Festival in the Park's production of Henry V.

In addition to playing Tracy Dallas in Edge of Night, Pat has just finished a run in Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard, at the Roundabout Theatre in New York. The theatre critics were very much impressed with Pat's performance as Anya. Pat played the part with effervescence and brilliance. She had appeared previously on Broadway with the Phoenix Company and off-Broadway in the New York Shakespeare Festival.

As Tracy Dallas, in Edge of Night, Pat has played the bad girl but now the character has reformed, and I asked Pat how she felt about that. She said, "I guess when they want to keep you on the show, they make you good. It's a shame though, cause I really enjoy being bad. It's a lot more fun."

Although her work and appearances on Edge of Night keep her busy, Pat is still anxious to find a part in a Broadway production to play along with her daytime drama. Pat and Chuck feel that New York is the place where they can best further their careers, and right now they're searching for a permanent home, something in the city that's convenient to their work but affords them the privacy that they seek outside their professional lives. Pat has a great figure, her taste in clothes runs to fairly simple, soft, fluid-lined dresses and tailored pantsuits. One of her favorite outfits is a long cotton shift with a jacket edged in crocheted lace. She looked great in a jumpsuit, buttoned down the front, with a deep hood in the back and rolled up sleeves. The two-piece corduroy pantsuit Pat is wearing by Lucio DiRoma, has suede elbow patches. The jacket is singlebreasted wide lapel, with a high double-vent back, slightly flaired and pinched at the waist.

Although their story lines never cross, during our photo session Pat and Tony had an easy camaraderie that comes from working together with the great people on The Edge of Night.

Draper loves Brandy, Brandy loves Adam, Adam loves Nicole. In this geometric progression, Tony Craig has an important angle. Young, handsome, leading men abound on TV, but Tony has a certain combination of boyish charm and suave assuredness that comes from his early training as a fashion model.

When I talked to Tony, as he and castmate, Pat Conwell, posed for our photographer, I reminded him of the day we first met on the set of Edge of Night.

RUTH GORDON: "The last time we chatted on the set, Tony, you were just getting started on the Edge of Night and I'd like to have your reactions now that you've been on the show, how long?"

TONY: "Since December 11th. When I first started I was nervous, to say the least, I was like a vegetable, I just did what I was told; but now that I am feeling the character out more and I know where he's headed, and I know what he's come from, the father, the unhappy childhood, and all that, it's easier to feel something about the man, about the character, and I try to put that into what I am playing. With that it's a lot easier, I feel a lot more relaxed. And it comes across that way."

RG: "I know, I've been watching and you do have a much larger part than you did in the beginning, and of course, what everyone is whispering, is there going to be a real romance between you and Brandy? Would you care to comment?"

T: Well, of course, we don't know, either. We know what will be played about a week ahead of time. And there are indications I've fallen in love with her, but she's still very much in love with Adam. From the way it looks, there is another romance on the horizon, for Draper."

RG: "Now that you've had your taste of working on Soap Operas, I know you did TV Commercials before and some theatre, do you have any plans or activities you'd like to combine with your work on Edge?"

T: "Of course, although I'd like to do a lot to keep my hand in the theatre and films and in commercials, right now Edge is taking up 99% of my time. Solely because my part is expanding and I'm carrying a story line by myself with my family, and I think I really wouldn't have time for anything else at the present. In the future, perhaps, but we'll have to wait and see what happens."

In Tony's own words, he describes himself as being quite introspective, and basically a loner. As a Capricorn, he has great ambition, he's dedicated, and he's a diligent worker. He is constantly searching for perfection, a meritorious trait in a person so young, because if often supplies the drive needed in so highly a competitive field as acting. Creative people are wonderful with words and Tony admits to being an insatiable reader, and delights in haunting used book shops in search of interesting collectors' items.

Draper Scott, the urbane young attorney, comes across the screen as a fairly confident, extremely attractive man who is driven by the desire to make good. Tony Craig concedes that you can't separate yourself that much from the role you're playing. Tony, however, has a much kinder, gentler nature than Draper is alleged to have, and while Draper is a man fascinated by a beautiful young woman, Brandy Henderson, Tony is still single and enjoys his freedom. At this point in his life, he feels that his career is very important and there just doesn't seem to be enough time left over the include a serious relationship with a woman.

RJG