Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And ABC did some tinkering with EON after the first two years. They wanted younger demos and pressured the producers and Henry Slesar to write in younger characters. Jayne was 15 or so years younger than Mauve. ABC was glad to go with a younger actress. In 1980/81 the show dramatically changed with the arrival of Gavin, Jody, Kelly et al.

• Members

I've been watching Edge episodes with my mother sometimes and we're into summer 1980 (not long before "Kirk" is revealed to April and everyone else), and there really is a big change when Jody and Gavin come in. I think they did a good job of integrating Kelly into the canvas (even if he's dull/weird), but Jody and especially Gavin feel more grafted on. I can't help wondering how fans at the time felt about suddenly seeing a dance studio dropped in from the sky 2-3 days a week, with some extra who looks like Raven's frumpier sister.

I did love this at 11 minutes. "The Three Musketeers" were dead and buried by this point and Calvin barely interacted with anyone, so using him to help tie in the new characters was a nice touch:

• Members

I wish there were episode revealed shortly after the reveal that Molly committed all those murders. Did everyone [besides April] have to eat crow at the fact that Raven saved the day? Were people who recently lead a witch hunt against her [in her custody for Jamey] forced to apologize to Raven? Or did they just go about treating her like dirt till the time she married Sky and became the heroine?

• Members

I watched Edge from its move to ABC in December 1975 to its last day in 1984, along with my mom. The addition of the dance studio was no big deal. Edge did stuff like that constantly. Settings would come and go as necessary. WMON was introduced around 1978 and generated years of story with Winter, Margo, and others. Ditto 1979 with the introduction of the Madisons and the "Mansion of the Damned" story with the movie set being key to the story. In 1980 came the dance studio. It was all part of the show's appeal.