Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Y&R: What?? Billy Miller WON'T Be Playing Billy Abbott?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Cashton

Cashton

OK - Stacy Haiduk is my she-ro!

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:50 PM

I just read this from Daytime Dial:

The Young and the Restless has announced that Billy Miller's (ex-Richie, All My Children) first airdate will be Sept. 19. However, he will not be playing Billy Abbott (son of John and Jill), which had been widely reported, including here. Instead he has been cast in a new role, that of Liam, a mysterious boyfriend of Amber's (Adrienne Frantz).

What fresh hell? Somebody tell me this is wrong...PLEASE! And if he is Liam, that he's really WilLIAM Abbott.

#2 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:09 AM

I think "Liam" will turn out to be Billy...

Liam is an abbreviated form of William, which is Billy's real name. The Liam Amber is referring to is made up, so maybe she bumps into Billy or something.

#3 operagirl1

operagirl1

Recurring

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:15 AM

How many ex-BF's of Amber's have already shown up? Plum? The other guys that died, the guys from that internet crap series CBS tried to shove down our throats. Plus Amber's Forester connections are never addressed.

Does Hogan just think he's writing this soap from scratch? Cause that's what it looks like.

Edited by operagirl1, 29 August 2008 - 12:16 AM.

#4 Cashton

Cashton

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Y&RWorldTurner @ Aug 28 2008, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think "Liam" will turn out to be Billy...

Liam is an abbreviated form of William, which is Billy's real name. The Liam Amber is referring to is made up, so maybe she bumps into Billy or something.

That's what i'm hoping too..

#5 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:19 AM

Um, Daytime Dial seems to have their information wrong. Y&R's official site at Sony is reporting that Billy Miller has been hired to play Billy Abbott. Sony wouldn't print something on the official site if it wasn't true.

http://www.theyounga...etail_3914.html
Billy's Back!

Fresh from his mesmerizing role as bad boy Richie Novak on All My Children, Billy Miller takes on the complicated role of Abbott heir Billy Abbott. Last seen leaving Genoa City with an addiction for gambling, Billy heads back to home where he's sure to find plenty of chaos to get involved in. Billy has yet to meet his half-brother Cane Ashby (Daniel Goddard). Not sure how that will go over (shades of Adam, Victoria and Nick?). Cane is wrapped up in the baby daddy nightmare with Chloe (Elizabeth Hendrickson). Jack (Peter Bergman) has his hands full with Restless Style. Jill (Jess Walton), his mother, has named Cane CEO of Jabot which leaves Billy on the outside looking in. Just how long he will stay and who will he tango/tangle with remains to be seen but based on how quickly he won fans over at that other network despite having committed kidnapping, blackmail and assault (on the show, of course!), The Young and the Restless fans may be in for a treat!

Billy Miller began taping August 25.

#6 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

Several boards are speculating that Liam IS Billy as well, I guess we'll have to see how this plays out...

#7 MarkH

MarkH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,034 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Y&RWorldTurner @ Aug 29 2008, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Several boards are speculating that Liam IS Billy as well, I guess we'll have to see how this plays out...

Spoilers = death of soaps.

So, I think this is marketing brilliance...put two kinds of misinformation out there, and let the audience stew! Eventually, train them they can't trust spoilers, so that spoilers explode and die forever smile.gif.

I know, this is wishful thinking and unrealistic smile.gif.

#8 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (MarkH @ Aug 29 2008, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spoilers = death of soaps.

So, I think this is marketing brilliance...put two kinds of misinformation out there, and let the audience stew! Eventually, train them they can't trust spoilers, so that spoilers explode and die forever smile.gif.

I know, this is wishful thinking and unrealistic smile.gif.

I agree and disagree with you.

Spoilers are not the detah of soaps. A small part, sure, but i wouldnt ever credit them with the death of soaps. Soaps being stuck in the past is the death of soaps. Soaps use to be ground breaking and ahead of the times. Now they are... well, not. Between them dropping the groundbreaking true to life yet over the top but never seemed unreal storytelling it has turned people off. Combined with the now awful timeslot, the auits and the mismangment and that is the death of soap operas.

Id love to also include fanbases, but honestly - i dont think they do any harm or good.

Now, back on to topic i think it would be *amazing* if Amber ramn into this guy named Liam and then told Daniel she ahd met someone new and was moving on. Words gets around and when Chloe hears that Amber met a guy named Liam she gets an odd look on her face - nothing to telling. Then as Amber & laim date we the audiance find out that he is Billy Abbott. of course no one is happy hes dating amber telling him shes just after his money when in reality she wasnt - she was using him to get over daniel, not for his money - then it coems out that hes the man Chloe slept with. It realy could make for a huge storyline focused around the younger set of colleen/daniel/amber/billy/chloekate/cane/lily and it would be even better if they found a way to tie devon in. it would also use the older chars like jill, kay, esther, niel, jack, phyliss.

#9 Silvia

Silvia

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:21 AM

Billy Abbott is back on 9/19 and according to Billy Miller the character will be "sleazy." He and Chloe will be perfect parents

#10 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,376 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

Sleazy?

Ugh. rolleyes.gif

#11 brimike

brimike

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (JackPeyton @ Aug 29 2008, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, back on to topic i think it would be *amazing* if Amber ramn into this guy named Liam and then told Daniel she ahd met someone new and was moving on. Words gets around and when Chloe hears that Amber met a guy named Liam she gets an odd look on her face - nothing to telling. Then as Amber & laim date we the audiance find out that he is Billy Abbott. of course no one is happy hes dating amber telling him shes just after his money when in reality she wasnt - she was using him to get over daniel, not for his money - then it coems out that hes the man Chloe slept with. It realy could make for a huge storyline focused around the younger set of colleen/daniel/amber/billy/chloekate/cane/lily and it would be even better if they found a way to tie devon in. it would also use the older chars like jill, kay, esther, niel, jack, phyliss.

This story is GOLD, JP!

#12 queensweet0811

queensweet0811

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

i know along that liam was billy because amber said he was rich and chole said'' i thought i know all the trust fund babies''so that gave me the ideal it was billy he has been in town along and nobody have seen him beside chole and amber, i just hope he does not punish cane for become CEO of jabot and he use that for not telling him the truth about the baby,i hope the writer don't push the brother into war because of the job and the baby, it will not be fair if cane raise that chilld and then find out the chilld is not his when he or she is 17 like lilly it will not be fair i hope all these madness wrap up before christmas. angry.gif angry.gif

Edited by queensweet0811, 29 August 2008 - 02:25 PM.

#13 y&r_fan

y&r_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

Sony is reporting that he's playing Billy and CBS.com is reporting that he's playing Liam. That pretty much confirms that Billy and Liam are one and the same.

Edited by y&r_fan, 29 August 2008 - 06:17 PM.

#14 Cashton

Cashton

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (y&r_fan @ Aug 29 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sony is reporting that he's playing Billy and CBS.com is reporting that he's playing Liam. That pretty much confirms that Billy and Liam are one and the same.

i knew my soapnetwork sleuths would get to the bottom of this! smile.gif

#15 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,433 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

I'm glad, I want him playing a core character! Eeee I can't wait for Billy wub.gif

#16 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,376 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

Hopefully the sleazy thing won't ruin the character.

#17 AddictedToSoaps

AddictedToSoaps

"Happy Valentine's Day, Ryan!"

• Members
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (DeeeDee @ Aug 29 2008, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sleazy?

Ugh. rolleyes.gif

My thoughts exactly.

#18 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,376 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (AddictedToSoaps @ Aug 30 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thoughts exactly.

And it will not help the rebuilding of The Abbott Family.

#19 BadZoe

BadZoe

Man and Horse!!

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

Sounds a bit like Terry Lesters uncle Jackie!

#20 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Billy's never been a straight up hero, I've always seen him as a gray character, much like Jack. That part of him might be why they're calling him "sleazy." It might be the wrong definition though. Unless, he comes back as intentionally white trashy, and proves me wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users