Generations Discussion Thread

• Members

What did you think of Debbi Morgan's work? She made those periodic attempts to move on from Angie, although the roles usually lasted for a few years. Chantal wasn't a "bitch" type role was it? I always remember that Weekly letter in 1997 "congratulating" Debbi Morgan for getting to play a bitch on Port Charles, and went on to basically say Debbi had gone on about this ever since Dominique on Dynasty and now she should be satisfied.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I have/had an old SOD where Debbi was briefly interviewed in an article about the state of black actors in daytime and she said, "There are no black Erica Kanes, there are no black Dorian Lords..." Doreen and AMC's Vivienne were I guess the first true responses to this (DOOL's Celeste wasn't really a bitch as much as a mysterious character, right? and GL's Vivian wasn't a bitch, just an elegant woman). I don't remember much of Debbi on GEN beyond seeing her and her hair. But no, she wasn't a bitch at all from what I remember, maybe a little more '90s edge and glam compared to Angie, but not devious.

Edited by SFK

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I don't remember if it was the same one, but I remember seeing a full-page ad very much like that one in an old Jet magazine we had lying around. That type of overhype is so disappointing, you'd think they were doing sleek sensuality and Doreen/Maya catfights from episode one.

• Members

The whole colorized black and white motif is an interesting artistic choice, if they even gave it as much thought as I am right now. :lol: I wonder if all of GEN's ads used this sort of generic LOV opening credits imagery or if any of them actually featured cast members.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I don't remember which thread this came up in several months ago, but that's actually a South African soap by the same name. I *thought* I had the Africa channel too but I don't. :( I really wanted to see it. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generations_(South_African_TV_series)

ETA: BTW, this means you also get Isidingo which is the one I really wanted to see. The Cherel character seems like a South African Dorian Lord.

Edited by SFK

• 5 weeks later...