August 11-15, 2008

Toups

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gene Francis being in the TOP search engines make me believe alot of people are watching GH this week so expect GH to go over 2.4 or 2.5 for the week of August 29.

TMOTVSoaps, great analysis again as I agree Y&R needs to go back up to the 4s as it deserves it.

• Members

Sadly I agree. Part of the problem is that GH is not doing what it needs in terms of promotion (primetime, print). I think part of this is because they DON'T want her to "bring the numbers"...because then they'd actually have to hire someone over 40 and pay them a decent wage.

Y&R...I long for it to get FIVES again (not just fours). But remember...this downward trend has nothing to do with the individual shows. Thus, no matter how great they are, social forces, new delivery mechanisms, and ratings sampling processes are such that we'll likely never even see fours again...let alone fives. But like many of you, I root for it every day.

• Members

I actually saw the promo on alot of other cable networks like USA and stuff. For Genie to be in TOP searched that means at least 10 million people know about her coming back, the question is will they watch it live.

Genie Francis got the rating to a 3.0 back in November 2006. Things have changed since then so that's why I predicted a 2.4 or 2.5.

Archived