July 14-18, 2008

Toups

• Members

AMC Total HH Viewers 2,587,000 (-67,000*)

DAYS Total HH Viewers 2.31 million (-220,000*)

Women 18-49 Viewers

1. Y&R 1.02 (-31,000*)

2. GH 945,000 (SAME)

3. OLTL 843,000 (-42,000)

4. B&B ()

5. AMC 733,000 (-32,000)

6. DAYS 669,000 (-81,000)

7. ATWT 647,000 (-9,000)

8. GL 596,000 (+13,000)

Women 18-49 Rating

1. Y&R 1.6 (SAME)

2. GH 1.4 (SAME) <--- ties low rating

3. OLTL 1.3 (SAME)

4. B&B 1.1 (-.1)

4. AMC 1.1 (-.1)

6. DAYS 1.0 (-.1) <--- new low rating

ATWT

GL

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I live for Toups and the Thursday ratings release :lol:

I keep hoping this turnaround in the storytelling at GL is going to pop it back up to at least a 1.9 or 2.0 - maybe next week if the momentum continues? This week has seen some of the best eppies of GL in quite some time!

• Members

I'm just wondering - is there a reason why the release of the ratings have been delayed these past few weeks? I remember when they used to be posted on Thursday afternoons around 1 pm EST.

Is this the norm now - that the ratings are released at different times every week? Again, just wondering. ;)

• Members

The ratings are still released at the normal times except for holidays. The thing is that unless you have a direct source to the ratings you have to wait for them. That is what Toups means when He says he will post them when he gets them. He is relying on a secondary source for the ratings.

There are very few people that bother with even getting the daytime ratings. The cost is so high to get access to them - so you are just at the mercy of someone who will share them with you.

• Members

Cost.

Nielsen has to pay their employees somehow so they charge people for access to the ratings. It is not like it is a news thing. They do this as a service for advertisers and the like. So they charge.

when I checked last year for access to the ratings for my site SoapsWEB - just for the basic HH and Viewers ratings alone it was almost $20,000 a year to have access to those numbers and they want you to sign a contract - making you responsible even you back out during the year.

They charge websites and the like the same price as they would charge a TV show to access them.

• Members

Most of the soaps have had their best days of the year these past two weeks. For CBS Soaps next week will be really interesting since every soap was pretty strong including the wild Y&R ender today, B&B has been favorite soap since May when Storm died, ATWT has been very diversed with an interesting upcoming s/l featuring Liberty, and GL simply having its best week of the year writing wise.

ABC Soaps have been pretty good too, but NBC is missing Hogan Sheffer way too much over there.

Archived