July 14-18, 2008

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's great that Y&R went up. I'm just surprised that DAYS and ATWT went down. I thought that week was fantastic for both shows. I think GL is get a little nudge for the week of July 21-25 with the Jeva reunion and Ava's baby being Remy's.

• Members

I thought ATWT was good that week. But it wasnt Martha in the role of Lily and Jon Hensley's acting wasnt good during the affair reveal. I thought last week was even better. Well, Mon, Tues, Wed shows were great. So I will be surprised if ATWT does not go up on Thursday.

• Members

ABC Soaps are doing better this summer than expected and I'm still surprised they're not in the 1s.

The 18-34 demo is important for shows like DOOL, which focus on college students.

Soaps are barely in trouble b/c the demos are up to par from last year, but GL needs to get out of that 0.9 range.

I can't reveal anything on here as its too early, but its the biggest thing to happen to Y&R in five years from what I've heard. Alot of storylines are going to be in full shape by then. The actual details in the storyline won't be leaked until August or September. I'll keep an eye on it for you.

It might be a while honestly for Y&R to reach a 5.0, but a 3.9 or 4.0 will be enough for the soap genre to stock in more life in it. I wouldn't be surprised if Y&R averages a 3.9 or better for the week of July 28-Aug 1. Soaps go as Y&R goes.

• Members

It doesn't matter what surprise twist or stunt Y&R or any other soap comes up with, the audience is simply not there any more. The ratings are trending downwards and there is no evidence that this is stopping any time soon. At most, Y&R may be able to get a temporary bump, but that is it. Y&R will be fortunate to to see 4.0 again.

Archived