2008 Inside Soap Awards Nominations

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I love these categories! "Best Bitch." I wish the Daytime Emmys over here would borrow them.

But :lol: at the idea of the hair model who plays Liam and bimbo who plays Maria on Coronation Street nominated for Best Acting! :lol: That show has so many good actors.

I wish they'd show the awards over here.

• Members

EastEnders dominates soap awards

EastEnders has swept the board at this year's Inside Soap awards, winning nine prizes - including best soap.

The show took back the top prize from Coronation Street which won it last year for the first time in a decade.

EastEnder Lacey Turner won three gongs, including best actress while colleague Robert Kazinsky won best actor.

Coronation Street won both "best bad boy" and "best bitch" thanks to Jack P Shepherd, who plays David Platt, and Alison King, who plays Carla Connor.

Chris Chittell, who plays Eric Pollard in ITV1's Emmerdale, won the outstanding achievement award in recognition of his 22 years in the show.

That was the Yorkshire drama's only prize.

As well as best actress, Turner - who plays Stacey Branning - also won the award for best couple, along with on-screen husband Bradley Branning, played by Charlie Clements.

It was the third year running that the pair have won the award.

Turner's Christmas storyline, in which Stacey had an affair with Bradley's father, Max - played by Jake Wood - won best plot.

Kazinsky, who plays Stacey's brother Sean Slater, won both best actor and sexiest actor.

Fellow EastEnder Kara Tointon, who plays Dawn Swann, was named sexiest actress for the second time.

EastEnders also won in the categories of best newcomer - Rita Simons as Roxy Slater - and funniest performance - Cheryl Fergison as Heather Trott.

Aside from best bad boy and best bitch, Coronation Street took one other award with Kym Marsh, who plays Michelle Connor, taking the best-dressed soap star gong.

Hollyoaks' only award of the night was for Ellis Hollins, who won best young actor for his portrayal of Tom Cunningham for the second time.

The Bill, meanwhile, was named best drama for the third year running

• Members

I'm not surprised at the EastEnders domination, they're to the Inside Soap Awards what DAYS/GH were to the SOD Awards. Last year when Corrie won Best Soap, that was the only time EastEnders never won that award. 2007 and the earlier part of 2008 were fabulous for EastEnders though, so congrats!

Yay for Jack P Shepherd and Ellis Hollins!

• Members

You have to go over syntax of tenses again. :P I obviously meant, it is starting to crumble now, in this very period. I couldn't care less about these cr*ppy, meaningless awards! My post had nothing to do with them, but with Y&RWorldTurner's remark. He said how it deserved them, and it did, but, I said, sadly that good period didn't last. OK? :P

• Members

Though EastEnders had a really solid year, when it comes down to it all, it's still the most popular soap among magazine voters. Inside Soap is a magazine, so people vote on these categories via the magazine or online. As I said before, EastEnders has always dominated, even in years when it was absolutely horrible. The British Soap Awards are probably more prestigious, but still not by much.

Archived