Forbidden Love (Christian and Oliver Story)

nicknack

• Members

I know it's not as dramatic and well done as JP and Craig, but the guys are really cute. I found the entire thing on Youtube.

vl05.jpg

vl23.jpg

Some more pictures:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/ErikSch_IV/VL/vl12.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/2900/vl05ez5.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/Erik...080404/vl28.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/Erik...080404/vl34.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/Erik...080414/vl45.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/Erik...080505/vl17.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/Erik...080606/vl55.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/Erik...080611/vl82.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/Erik...080611/vl93.jpg

It starts out as the classic soap triangle. Oliver (dark hair) is the new roomate while Christian still has a girlfriend. Girlfriend falls for Olli, Olli falls for Christian, Christian is torn after Olli kisses him and confesses his love. Girlfriend finally finds out what happend and leaves town. We spin into a mistaken identity internet chat story which ends in a huge argument after which they have sex. Afterwards Christian claims it was just an experiment, but when he runs into Olli with another guy he seethes and has to admit his feelings. They hook up, but keep their relationship secret for a while as their various friends and relatives gradually find out.

It's pretty intertwined with a lot of the other storylines on the show (that only show up on the edges of these clips), such as the divorce and new love of Christian's insanely hot older brother, the romantic drama of their roommate or the whacky adventures of Oliver's cousin Olivia. And I have a hard time picking who is my favorite of these. Olivia is a classic funny soap bitch whose schemes always backfire on her, Christian's brother is insanely hot and the roomate is insanely likable and looks like Mac from Veronica Mars.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This is the French soap, "Verbotene Liebe", while the croatian soap is "Zabranjena ljubav". Both series were based off the premise of the 1980s Austrailian soap "Sons & Daughters", but differentiated much after the first year or so.

• Members

"Verbotene Liebe" has been on the air since January 1995. It has featured several gay and lesbian couples over the years. Besides Christian (Thore Schölermann) and Olli (Jo Weil), there's also Carla von Lahnstein (Claudia Hiersche), a lesbian character and member of one of the two core families. She has been on the show since 2003.

• Members

Ehreshoven.jpg

This is the current castle. On the show it is called Schloss Königsbrunn. In reality its name is Ehreshoven Castle, located in Engelskirchen, North Rhine-Westphalia. It's not that far away from Cologne, where Verbotene Liebe is filmed.

On VL, there are two main families: The Brandners (since day one) and one aristocratic family. There are of course several other characters who are not tied to any of these families. The first aristocratic family was the von Anstettens (until 2001, only Tanja remained) who were followed by the von Beyenbachs (2000-2003).

The castle first appeared in the fall of 2003 when Johannes von Lahnstein (Thomas Gumpert) and his daughter Carla (Claudia Hiersche) were introduced on the show after Beatrice (Jeannine Burch) and Martin von Beyenbach (Gerry Hungbauer), the main characters of the previous aristocratic family, had been killed off. Martin's brother Bernd von Beyenbach (Ron Holzschuh), Bernd's daughter Vanessa von Beyenbach (Inez Björg David), Martin's eldest son Felix von Beyenbach (Stefan Kirch) and Martin's ex wife Sylvia Jones (Heike Brentano) remained on the show until 2005 and 2006 respectively.

The von Lahnstein family grew successively when Johannes' other children appeared: First, Nico Brandner (Verena Zimmermann) became Nico von Lahnstein after she had found out that Johannes was her biological father. This was a strange storyline because Nico and Jana Brandner (Friederike Sipp, later Vanessa Jung) were introduced as twins and then suddenly they had two different fathers. In 2004, Dr. Leonard von Lahnstein (Lars Korten) and his evil brother Ansgar von Lahnstein (Wolfram Grandezka) appeared on the show. Johannes had married the much younger Cécile de Maron (Yvonne Burbach), but then Cécile fell in love with Leonard. Their love story ended abruptly in January 2006 when Cécile, who was pregnant with Leonard's child, was hit by a truck and died.

From 2006 to 2008, there was a love quadrangle with Leonard, Gregor (Andreas Jancke), Jana and Sarah Hofmann (Sina Valeska Jung). The latter turned out to be the lovechild of Johannes and Elke Käppler (Elke Bludau), the ex maid on Königsbrunn.

In December 2004, another von Lahnstein kid appeared: Constantin (Milan Marcus), who became part of the show's teen group. In 2006, it was revealed that Adrian Degenhardt (Klaus Zmorek) is his biological father.

Carla, who is a lesbian, was forced to marry Bernd because she hadn't come out as a lesbian. She then fell in love with Hanna Novak (Katharina Dalichau). However, Hanna died in Carla's arms after a kidney failure. In 2005, Carla met Susanne Brandner (Claudia Scarpatetti). After some time, the two women fell in love with each other and eventually got married. Carla wanted to get pregnant and asked Lars Schneider (Herbert Ulrich) to donate his sperm. While Carla was away, Susanne and Lars grew closer. Carla and Susanne eventually split up, Susanne left town and Carla remains single.

Ansgar has a child with Tanja von Anstetten (Miriam Lahnstein), a ruthless killer. He later got married to Nathalie Käppler von Lahnstein (Jenny Winkler), who is an alcoholic. Nathalie was also involved with Gregor.

Johannes married Elisabeth Ryan Brandner von Lahnstein (Martina Servatius) in 2007, the ex-wife of Brandner patriarch Arno (Konrad Krauss). In early 2008, Johannes was killed in plane crash. At the same time, Leonard's wife Jana was killed in a car crash.

During the past few weeks, Sebastian von Lahnstein (Joscha Kiefer) and his sister Rebecca (Jasmin Lord) were introduced. They are Johannes' nephew and niece. Sebastian is involved in a triangle with Lydia (Theresa Underberg) and Katja Brandner (Diana Frank) - they are mother and daughter - and Rebecca is the new love interest for Gregor.

As of now, I think Elisabeth, Leonard, Rebecca, Sebastian, Carla and Constantin reside at Königsbrunn.

The extended von Lahnstein family

gumpert.jpg

Count Johannes von Lahnstein † (contract 2003-2008)

servatius.jpg

Elisabeth Ryan Brandner von Lahnstein (contract 1999-)

grandezka.jpg

Ansgar von Lahnstein (contract 2004-)

korten.jpg

Leonard von Lahnstein (contract 2004-)

hiersche.jpg

Carla von Lahnstein (contract 2003-)

zimmermann.jpg

Nicola "Nico" von Lahnstein (contract 2002-2006; 2006-2007; recurring 2008)

jung-v.jpg

Jana Brandner von Lahnstein #2 † (contract 2005-2008)

marcus.jpg

Constantin von Lahnstein (contract 2004-)

kiefer.jpg

Sebastian von Lahnstein (contract 2008-)

lord.jpg

Rebecca von Lahnstein (contract 2008-)

lahnstein.jpg

Tanja von Anstetten (contract 1995-1998; 2001; 2004-)

winkler.jpg

Nathalie Käppler von Lahnstein (contract 2004-)

jung-s.jpg

Sarah Hofmann (contract 2006-)

burbach.jpg

Cécile de Maron von Lahnstein † (contract 2001-2006)

• Members

I'm so annoyed that the show keeps withholding Judith/Constantin from me. They are so darn adorable. Why does the show insist on pairing her with Brandnerboys?

Judith is definitely my favorite newly introduced character. She is cute as a button (she reminds me of "Mac" from Veronica Mars) and she can actually act somewhat from the start rather than being somebody who has to learn her craft.

08042008691892_535.jpg

I have to say one of the most striking thing is how ridiculously goodlooking the men of the show are.

Particularly Gregor:

wallpaper04.jpg

I'm glad that he has a storyling again, though I'm not really sold on Rebecca as his mate. I would rather see her with Constantin. I think those two had some chemistry when they were arguing about Adrian. On the other hand, everything that gets Gregor smiling and shirtless again is fine with me.

May I ask about the Croation version? To what extent did they copy the original? Did they also have Jan and Julia, the incest couple (who unlike Marie and Henning and Sarah and Leonard actually stayed incestuous)?

Here are few spoilerish pictures of the show and what is gonna happen:

Boxfight

0425373.jpg

Bitchfight (this is NOT a dream sequence but part of a photoshoot/modelling show on the show itself)

0427172.jpg0427155.jpg0427156.jpg0427164.jpg0427160.jpg

A shotgun wedding where everybody shows up in black

0427166.jpg0428589.jpg0428604.jpg0428622.jpg

A heroine being tortured in jail

0418715.jpg0425440.jpg0425439.jpg0420247.jpg

A whacky fashion show

0430830.jpg0430835.jpg0430840.jpg

A family fixing up a boat together:

0432110.jpg0432196.jpg

• Members

I don't watch VL that often but I have loved Gregor/Andreas Jancke from the first day he was on :wub:

Compared to the other four German soaps, VL has the best-looking cast, although "Alles was zählt" has some gorgeous men as well. However, VL is the worst soap when it comes to cast changes.

The new Brandner family members (Katja, Matthias, Fabian) are all very unpopular and Fabian will be gone in two weeks. He was only on the show for six months which is very unsual for a German soap. Fabian will be replaced by his older brother David Brandner (played by Sven Koller).

In the beginning, the Croation version used the same characters and storylines as the German show, but I think they started to develop their own storylines after one year.

• Members

PICTURES OF THE OFFICIAL VERBOTENE LIEBE 2009 CALENDAR

January

Wolfram Grandezka (Ansgar von Lahnstein) & Miriam Lahnstein (Tanja von Anstetten)

januar1kl0.jpg

February

Claudia Hiersche (Carla von Lahnstein) & Jenny Winkler (Nathalie Käppler von Lahnstein)

februar1re3.jpg

March

Lars Korten (Leonard von Lahnstein) & Wolfram Grandezka (Ansgar von Lahnstein)

maerz1jx3.jpg

April

Sina-Valeska Jung (Sarah Hofmann)

april1ac0.jpg

May

Angelo Franke (Angelo Totti) & Gabriele Metzger (Charlie Schneider)

mai1wv6.jpg

June

Theresa Underberg (Lydia Brandner) & Joscha Kiefer (Sebastian von Lahnstein)

juni1vs3.jpg

July

Thomas Ohrner (Matthias Brandner) & Diana Frank (Katja Brandner)

juli1sn8.jpg

August

Milan Marcus (Constantin von Lahnstein), Joscha Kiefer (Sebastian von Lahnstein) & Kristina Dörfer (Olivia Schneider)

august1nz8.jpg

September

Konrad Krauss (Arno Brandner), Martina Servatius (Elisabeth Ryan Brandner von Lahnstein) & Klaus Zmorek (Adrian Degenhardt)

september1ec2.jpg

October

Romina Becks (Miriam Pesch), Monica Ivancan (Kitty Kübler) & Claus Thull-Emden (Justus Stiehl)

oktober1pr7.jpg

November

Jasmin Lord (Rebecca von Lahnstein), Andreas Jancke (Gregor Mann) & Kristina Dörfer (Olivia Schneider)

november1cr5.jpg

December

Katrin Heß (Judith Hagendorf), Jo Weil (Oliver Sabel) & Thore Schölermann (Christian Mann)

dezember1aq4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Gotta leave it to Christian to make preaching to the bad guys look believable and actually hot. But I did like that he pulled back. He is doing Olli a better service if he stays out of jail. It's so funny. When Olli first got beat up a lot of people criticized Christian for not grabbing a baseball bat and going after Axel. And a few weeks later he goes ahead and actually does it ;D

SoapDigest did a online interview with the two guys: http://www.soapoperadigest.com/features/as...meet_vls_ollian

Gregor's ex-wife returned and it's obscene how much better they look with each other than him with Rebecca and her with Leonard. It doesn't help that she and Leonard seem to start looking more and more like actual siblings. It's kinda unsettling.

Archived