Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

General Hospital

Hate hate hate Claudia. And Sarah Brown is an awful actress.

I like Maxie with Johnny.

Can't stand Spinelli and BA is the most annoying actor on daytime.

Guiding Light

I think GL should stay canceled after it ends on CBS. And CBS made a good decision.

I think Phillip's return was a disappointment.

Marcy Rylan doesn't know how to act. The baby storyline was stupid. Destroyed a lot of characters. I loved Jonathan and Tammy and killing Tammy was a huge mistake.

I don't get Natalia and Olivia. I have to pretend that I don't know who both characters are...

• Members

OLTL Unpopular Opinions:

Haskell is not a good actress

DePaiva is not a good actress

Hilary B Smith is an average actress

There are only 4 people on that entire show I consider good: Slezak, Strasser, Lozano, Bob Woods

Their under 40 castmembers are nothing short of horrid. DOOL always gets a bad rep for their acting, but I think OLTL's younger cast is right there with them.

• Members

I'm not disagreeing with you, but could you explain why you think the 80's were a horrible decade for soaps. It was their peak period, so do you mean it was the beginning of the destruction, because it kept on declining after the 80's.

• Members

No, I always cringe when everyone I know calls the 80's the real golden era of the American daytime soap opera. To me, the 70's were the really golden era and by far the most progressive era of the American daytime drama. I'd take almost everything I've read from the 70's over anything from the 80's.

Not to mention, I hate supercouples and action/adventure stories on soaps. I think those two elements were completely detrimental to daytime dramas and were the beginning of soaps trying to be something other than what they were initially all about.

• Members

I love Gina Tognoni, but I haven't cared for any storyline she's been in since her initial hook-up with Mallet. The storylines she's given are either terrible, uninteresting, or she doesn't have chemistry with her male co-star. Even her current story with Shayne doesn't interest me.

Another unpopular opinion: If I had a choice of seeing Bryan Dattilo or James Scott sans shirt for an entire episode, I'd choose Dattilo :)

Archived