The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please keep posting those episode recaps your source is providing! If I can't see the episodes first hand, I'd love to read the daily recaps. Also, thanks to a screencap tweeted to me by the RetroTV twitter, the first episode aired was #1305 with an original broadcast date of December 4, 1967. Interestingly, this episode was taped on November 10, 1967, which seems to me to be a a relatively long lead time between tape & air (the script I have in my collection from February 1968 gives the lead as only a few days!). The RetroTV twitter said they *thought* this was the very first color episode, so that might explain the month-long production lead.

In any event, the episodes aired thus far are...

12:00pm (9/29/14) - #1305 (Original Air: December 4, 1967)

12:30pm (9/29/14) - #1306 (Original Air: December 5, 1967)

12:00pm (9/30/14) - #1307 (Original Air: December 6, 1967)

12:30pm (9/30/14) - #1308 (Original Air: December 7, 1967)

And don't think my OCD behind isn't copying those recaps, cast list, and episode numbers/dates to keep. lol

BytyYfxIcAE6M4b.png

Edited by Matt

• Members

What a frustrating joke on everyone. So RetroTV airs The Doctors, only nobody lives where Retro TV airs! I tried searching and apparently it is some dying network slowly losing all affiliates but it is in Los Angeles. I saw no torrents for this show at PirateBay, so I guess soap watchers are not as quick as sci fi junkies. Maybe some sort of live streaming site can be found tomorrow if not for retro TV then for the local station itself.

• Members

quartermainfan, it looks like that uploader is going to try again tomorrow (they had said they were giving up but those messages are now deleted). Hopefully more material will come. It's frustrating because even if that stream works, they only seem to run one episode a day, not two, which means we may not get all of them. I guess one would be better than nothing.

I'm so confused about when they went to color as I've heard some say 1966 or earlier in 1967.

• Members

This is the stream that the uploader was using. They quit earlier today because it went to black and they felt like they weren't able to do the job justice and wanted someone else to take over. They seem to have changed their mind, perhaps because no one else is doing it.

If you want to try this stream around the time that the episodes are airing in your time zone, maybe it will work for you. I'm going to try tomorrow and hope it doesn't go to black again.

http://kdkz18.wp.tikilive.com/my-channels/?channel=32434

I also hope people will call their cable provider and say you want Retro TV. It likely won't make an impact, but it's a start. Writing letters, as SFK mentioned, but a phone call would be OK too.

• Members

I wonder whether The Doctors was using short arc storylines featuring guest performers eg the characters of Bill and Ruth Winters for 13 week stories. Was Bill for example,introduced as a doctor who was assumed to always be on staff and this story with the alcoholic wife and adoption played out over this period.

I say that because a lot of these characters are never mentioned in longterm synopses and Variety reported that Lynne Rogers had signed for a 13 week role as Kitty Harris, so maybe this role was one of those short arc stories.

• Members

allmc I'm not sure what Central time would be but they air episodes at 12 and 12:30 EST. But as mentioned above, the stream only shows one.

Hopefully that person will be able to give me synopses and maybe someone at some point will upload what we're missing.

Hell, I shouldn't even get that far ahead - I hope the stream works today.