The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That explains something- I saw a 1968 backstage photo of a party for Pamela Toll as she left for a few weeks to do a film role, and there was Jim Pritchett and other cast members and a woman next to him in a lab coat who I first thought was Bethel Leslie, but she had shoulder length hair and seemed heavier than usual. This must have been the actress who filled in for her while she was sick- who was she?

• Members

I don't know how recent this is, but here is some info on Pam Toll from a website of a film called "Alternate Routes", which she co-wrote. Here is the bio:

PAMELA TOLL (Writer) is a native New Yorker who began a thirty-five year professional acting career at the age of seven. She grew up working with some of the finest directors and actors of the time. Ms. Toll co-starred and starred in roles on Broadway, on television and in film, regularly commuting between NY and LA. Looking for new outlets, Pam became an Artistic Design Consultant with the Leonard Bernstein Center for Education through the Arts. In the fine arts, her mosaic works can be found in stores from California to New York to North Carolina. In addition to co-authoring ALTERNATE ROUTES, Pamela has another script in progress. The most recent challenge she has set for herself is the development of a workshop on artistic creativity.

If you click on the link and scroll down, you will see a picture of her. You can tell right away that it's the same girl!!!

http://happenstanceproductions.com/altroutemovie/bios.htm

• Members

Thoughts from today's episodes:

- Let us all be grateful that Karen Werner was not there at the hotel when Liz was on the ledge.

- LOVED Maggie's dressing down to Karen. Yes, Karen is definitely lacking in the tact department!!! GO MAGGIE!!!

- That Nathan Bunker is just like a fungus that won't stop growing!

- The heart-to-hearts between Liz, Matt and Maggie, and Maggie and Althea were very heart-warming and shed light on both insecurities and strengths.

- It's great that Liz is once again moving in with Carolee.

• Members

I'm wondering in light of some imminent arrivals,how long will it be before Bill.Ruth and Polly are written off?

The first major black character Simon Harris arrives in April.Will be fascinating to see how he is presented.

How long does John Rice stay around?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Both of today's episodes were Ruth-centric. Poor lady, having to put up with that husband of hers. I like how subtle the show has made it clear that theirs has been an abusive relationship - mostly psychologically abusive (ironic, isn't it?), though we did see Bill slap Ruth in his office at one point when she went into hysterics. Ann Whiteside's acting and facial expressions clearly conveyed how beaten and broken Ruth was emotionally - especially her eyes.

On another note, does Karen Werner have the worst bedside manner of any TV doctor in history or what? I'm surprised none of the patients have complained! Can't you just hear her now? "You have cancer, huh? Walk it off! SCHNELL!!!"

Edited by amybrickwallace