The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, this is quickly becoming a mess, with everyone discussing various episodes from this week that some have seen, some have not, spoilers galore from future stories etc :lol: I realize this was shown almost 50 years ago but still.... I wonder if we should 'uncancel' this show and move it to the main section LOL

Just watched the December 08 episode (#1309)

Althea's sessions with Bill are great. That moment when Althea makes that almost primal face and says "Nick treats me like a... woman!" was fantastic.

It was only the second scene with Polly so far but I felt a little annoyed at having to watch her shtick again, although the actress is good. Still, there's something really touching about John in those scenes, although I also did think that he spends way too much time that he normally shouldn't have.

Steve and Carolee! So sweet. Because I didn't read carefully enough, I know they become a big thing, so the fun of discovering that is gone, but they were so so cute together. And so funny with the file thrown at the nurse's face.

DAMN! at Althea panicking when Nick asks her to marry him (Am I the only one who finds that gruff face hot?) and running off.

• Members

Caught up in all the episodes and this show is just superb. I can't get enough of it. Maggie and Althea remain my favorites. I love all the therapy scenes.

The show isn't melodramatic at all. It must have really stood out from say As the World Turns at this time. Although I do love melodrama and over the top soap, they are really impressing.

• Members

That's the main thing that's been jumping out at me, too. It really feels different from anything else of this era. Compare it to the clips in the 1968 CBS promo, and it just has a completely different vibe. I also lovelovelove my classic melodramatic hot mess soaps, but it's amazing to see for ourselves how unique each soap was in the glory days of the genre.

• Members

A few other performers who were on The Doctors and are still alive are:

Hillary B. Smith

John Pankow

Nancy Stafford

Jean LeClerk

Mark Goddard

Jane Badler

Dorian LoPinto

Ashby Adams

Ian Zierling

Julia Duffy

James Storm

Tuck Mulligan

Louise Lasser

Thor Fields

James Douglas

Donna Drake

Meg Myles

Leslie Ray

Mark Andrews

Richard Borg

Michael J. Stark

Christopher Norris

Lois Smith

Patrick Horgan

Carla Dragoni

James Noble

Nancy Barrett

Gil Gerard

Anna Stewart

Armand Assante

Chandler Hill Harben

Jonathan Frakes

Carol Potter

Valerie Mahaffey

Valerie Harper

Kathy Bates

Alec Baldwin

Nicholas Walker

Nana Vistor

Edited by danfling

• Members

Did anyone get to see or download today's episodes from the channel? They seem to be gone now, listed as terms of use violation.

The channel is still up so hopefully they'll keep uploading, just with a different name now.

I hope they may reupload those...