The Doctors

• Members

Yes, because in the case of Liz Hubbard, it's the reverse. Because she was on ATWT for so long, we're used to seeing her as she looks now and it is somewhat jarring to see her younger self on TD. We didn't see as much of the other principals after TD was over for various reasons, so to see them in something from after TD can be a little strange.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ooooo, thanks for the heads-up! I will definitely watch Lisa Kincaid's return.

Sorry for the delay responding to your two earlier questions: I think Adam might have been just finishing his gig on SFT when I became friends with Angela. We never really chatted much. To be honest I found him to be somewhat cold and snobby. He was a privileged Upper West Side NY kid and I suspect he thought his s##t didn't stink. Angela obviously adored both her children, though. She was a great mother and I feel terribly sorry for them now-they were both very, very close to her. As to Geri's feelings about James Pritchett I think she liked him fine. He was a thorough professional and a family man who was grateful to have a steady, relatively lucrative gig. One little detail I remember Geri telling me: Armand Assante had terrible body odor. Some of the cast actually walked up to Joe Stuart's office to complain. It took a while but Assante eventually took care of the problem. I remember when Geri got that Kate & Allie role-she was so excited to do it. She was really hoping to break out of soaps to do more primetime work but it just wasn't plentiful in NYC in those days.

• Members

Yes, Lisa is really upping the ante - actually confronting Althea directly about her husband's wandering eye. Miss Thornton brought a lot of dimension to the role of Dr. Morrison's mistress.

Did you know that the actress who played Sam, the dippy redheaded desk nurse, went on to become Richard Dreyfuss' real-life first wife? Her name is Jeramie Rain, and still goes by Dreyfuss (they also have three grown children together). Long since retired from acting, she now lives on a large farm in Idaho with her many dogs. She has been very open and public about her battles with lupus and RA.

I'm sorry Geri didn't get to do more primetime work, but as you said, there just weren't many primetime shows that were filmed on the East Coast. The only other ones I can think of besides K&A were The Cosby Show (which featured TD stars David O'Brien and Patrick Horgan in guest spots) and Spenser: For Hire (again, featuring David O'Brien in several episodes - it filmed in Boston, where Mr. O'Brien lived then).

• Members

That's weird about Armand Assante having body odor, but being the 70's, a lot of people got into that weird hippy all natural thing where they didn't bathe, use deodorant etc... There are a lot of stars now days that are doing that crap. They claim Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts etc....have had complaints about their personal hygiene. John Travolta stated in an interview in recent years that he does not use deodorant. When Armand shows up soon, I will be thinking about how bad he probably smelled......LOL

• Members

Not to mention Private Benjamin...neither Goldie Hawn nor Eileen Brennan were shrinking violets. I imagine one or both of them telling him to clean up his act - LITERALLY!!

Back to TD, we have rounded third and are heading home with Patrick Horgan's run as Dr. John Morrison. He was a casualty of then-brand new EP Joseph Stuart's reign.

• Members

It's amazing how Ann seems like a nice down to earth person at this point, but to later read that she becomes devious and stashes Carolee away in a mental ward. I know that Carolee Campbell left the show in late 75/early 76 and that storyline helps usher her character out till she is recast with Jada Rowland. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Very true. There's speculation on other boards that this was a response to Y&R debuting earlier that year and showing a lot more skin and sexy scenes than previously on daytime.

Well, we were treated to several scenes of Matt in a singlet and bare chested...Does that count??