• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Potentially bad news...

Today on Retro TV's Facebook page, there's a new poll, with this description:

"In September, we'll be returning THE DOCTORS to its daytime airings, and we want your input! Would you like to see THE DOCTORS aired in the mornings or early afternoons, and do you want it to continue from its current part, or have you missed many episodes and want to see us "rewind" back to when it changed time slots?"

Once you click on the poll, you get these options: 

Edited by Dave_01

• Members

Most of the comments I've seen are encouraging Retro to not rewind. Also, Retro has repeatedly stated that they are committed to airing the episodes through the end of the series. I look at this differently. I find it positive that the network is not only returning The Doctors to the daytime line-up but also asking viewers' opinions. In this day and age, that's rare and I think it speaks volumes about Retro's commitment to the show.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Let me check. I got back into watching this week, just picking up with where they currently are, which is July 1972. I have SO little time to watch anything anymore, and it drives me crazy. Had this been available ten years ago when I was a wee lad in high school, I would have been so heavily invested in everything. I desperately want to go back and watch those episodes from 1968-1970. I think the general consensus was that the show was kinda weak in 1969-1970, but still. I'm enjoying where we are now, and what a pleasant surprise to see Mona debut this week.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

She doesn't really say much about it, does she? Did the "4 people working hard" thing mean her and Mike/Maggie/Nick or something else? I like that she tried to get Doug Marland to mention Althea on ATWT. If only...

I'm still in mid-1969, as I watch with my mother when we have time. The Mike/Nancy story is both boring and occasionally hellish, but the rest is OK. I have a feeling the worst is to come though.

The best part of this period is Anna Ford. 

• Members

If people meaning Martha only showed her stuff from her first stint that would make sense as early on in the reruns the main story cycled around them and the short-term characters that appeared just for one or two story arcs like Terry Kiser's John Rice or James Noble's Dr. Winters. The earliest exception to this was Liz Wilson, who continued after the break up with Nick and beforehand was in a story with an early Mike. The Ira Avery stuff can be pretty bad, but you can see how the story shifts and how the program tried to do a failed spinoff.

There are certain things that you may want to watch after January 1972 and before July 1972.

Yes I'm spoiler spacing things from this era, as while I'm vague I'm giving up plot points.