The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't realize he was still alive. 

He was so typical of soaps of that era, even though the rest of the show was somewhat atypical. I think his one-on-ones with Althea were the best use of the character, although I did like the end of the adoption story with Ruth.

• Members

The cable channel FamilyNet started airing Benson reruns a few months ago. It's the first time I've gotten to see the show in years. James and Robert Guillaume worked so well together, and the show is still fun to watch.

I liked getting to see James as Dr. Winters in those 1st few weeks of Retro's TD reruns. Those lengthy dialogues between Winters and Althea were great.

RIP, James.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I think this has been around before, maybe on saynotoursoap, but this channel has a lot of soap material so I assume it's theirs.

Seeing this again after finally getting to see more of Carolee Campbell makes me see what a good (if very somber) recast Jada Rowland was. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Robert Mason Pollock, who was a head writer for The Doctors, As the World Turns, The Guiding Light, and serial Santa Barbara (which he co-created and co-produced) has passed away at the age of 99.

He was the son-in-law of Frank and Doris Hursley.

Edited by danfling
Mistake - needs to be deleted!