The Doctors

• Members

According to Laryssa, the producers saw Karen as a villainess, to which I personally disgree. She could certainly be an antagonist at times, and her frosty exterior turned off some viewers, but Karen was not bad. Her actions harmed herself more than others. I love the fish-out-of-water aspect -the culture clashes between her and the other characters. Given her background, I understand why Karen acts (and reacts) in the manner she does, and throughout the series my heart went out to her. I wanted her iciness to melt. I wanted her to find love and have the happy ending which sadly eluded her. To that end, Laryssa was told that Karen should have dark hair. When she was offered the part, the producers requested that she dye her natural blonde hair to brunette, and she flatly refused. The wig was a compromise.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Karen got more sound advice today from Althea. I hope she doesn't ignore it like she did Maggie's good advice. I love the fact that Matt and Maggie's wedding gift is still driving story for the Aldriches. One electric blanket and weeks of story. tongue.png

Speaking of Maggie, how great was her outfit today. Love it! And those candles.

At this point, is Lydia Bruce a full contract player or is she still 'subbing' for Bethel Leslie?