The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The only thing that came close was the extra in the Park scene which if there had been 2 pre-emptions would have been on May 22, (the chances are there was at least one pre-emption for Dr King's funeral, and Maybe a partial pre-emption on another day and the episode was re-aired the next day(Maybe why Retro aired the one episode twice, though that should not affect repeats unless that episode was put in the library twice and had two episode numbers) I am feeling the timeline is 2 days off which would make that episode in the Park May 22

Edited by Classicsoap

• Members

Don't Panick about THE DOCTORS pre-emptions.....between February and July 1968 there were no pre-emptions!!!!!!! I have seen 2 scripts and the dates are: Friday 23 Feb 1968...episode 1365 and Tuesday 30 July 1968 episode 1477.....so there were no pre-emptions!!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1969/J6mXCr.jpg

Edited by Goldensoaps

• Members

There have been some preemptions during that time, For instance Days was Preempted for the Dr King funeral and news on the RFK death on June 6, Days came on just before The Doctors, The episode numbers can't really reveal much, from what I heard they adapted the numbers so a Friday episode ended in 5 even if preempted

• Members

Frau Wet Blanket Werner had quite the look on her face, like the cat that ate the canary today.

Continue to love Carolee's character...and how about that swingin' date with those two WILD AND CUHRAZY GUYS! Liz's date had me laughing. William Bogert who played her date later went on to many New York daytime roles, perhaps the longest being attorney Fred Greer on ATWT, who I think was Tonio Reyes' lawyer. Other roles included Curtis Eldon on AW, and several OLTL day parts, including one Claude Quinnet. We also learned from the credits that Mrs. Stark's first name is Hope.

I can see why the ladies loved Jody Lee Bronson...that down home country charm, and he could see right through people's facades and tell them the way things are.

Still loving Martha Allen. Sally Gracie just fits the role so well. I imagine Sweeney was created in the 70s to fill her void when Gracie left.

Is the role of Erich getting ready to start "showing" up?

Matt's reluctance to talk to Maggie is going to start eating him up!

• Members

Today we have Zaida Coles first appearnce as Anna. She stays on for a number of years if published cast lists are correct.

She is now 81 years of age.She was married for 52 years to Christopher Fairfield Edley president for 18 years of the United Negro College Fund, a prominent Harvard- trained civil rights lawyer, a member of the United States Commission on Civil Rights.

She doesn't appear to have done any acting since TD .

• Members

I'm still in April and LOVING this show. I just wanted to comment on the Temp!Maggie. At first she was an adjustment, but I didn't mind her overall. She was more of a heroine and more neurotic and just as I was wondering how Bethel Leslie would handle this story, she appeared! It was glorious and I'm glad she got to handle the real meat of the story. I LOVE her! I'm going to really miss her when she leaves. I watched one 80s episode and skipped forward and saw a little bit of Lydia Bruce. Considering how long she was in the role I'm sure she'll be great and I'll love her as well, but Bethel is just fabulous.