Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think that's true! In my opinion he was far hotter than Jason Donovan by quite a long way! Supposedly he was late to set quite a lot and I think that's why they replaced him.

Please register in order to view this content

Really not happy with the direction they're taking Ben at the moment, making him a mechanic. He has shown no signs of loving cars, the writers are thinking too much about the past rather than thinking about him as a character.

• Members

Yeah you're right. It was apparently due to behavior issues. I wish they'd kept him around. Or bring him back even now, since they're doing this pointless story (is it me or can neither of the Tanaka twins act all that well...especially Leo?).

He and Stefan Dennis were certainly hot enough in this clip (around 20 minutes in)

• Members

I think the Tanakas are very well-acted, the issue I have with them is that

I wish they'd focus on David and his coming out, and subsequent relationship (I presume) with Aaron. Leo isn't really needed. I'm concerned about the direction they're taking Amy in.

To be honest I'm quite frustrated with the show as a whole at the moment actually. How does Neighbours manage to balls up stories involving the past so badly every time? ETA: at least they didn't mess up the Sarah/Angus story IMO.

Edited by Edward Skylover

• Members

Sonya is quite an unlikeable character but she has a realness to her which I think is important to the show. She's done loads of really stupid things on the show but you always understand why she does things and I think that makes her very watchable even if you're not rooting for her. I find the actress hit and miss. Sometimes she blows me away and sometimes she falls flat, sometimes she can wail and be too OTT. There's loads they can do with her, and I'm hoping she relapses after her marriage breakdown.

I think Mark has become a much better character recently. They've really played on him wanting to be a family man and I think that makes him likeable even if he can be self centred. Aaron floats around without much purpose, they need to give him a better job like as a barman at the Waterhole which he'd be more suited to than this brand enthusiasm crap. He lacks purpose like a lot of the characters like Ben, Amy and Gary.

I used to love Tyler but he's lost a lot of personality since going after Piper. I find the couples all wrong. I'd like Elly/Mark, Ben/Piper, Tyler/Paige. They haven't even got 1 couple right IMO

I'm a huge fan of Ben, Tyler, Aaron, David and Amy but I'm sick of their characters being ignored or under-valued.

• Members

The actor is really good in general but his story has sucked. I don't think there's really a place for him on the show. He and Paige went round in circles for about 9 months and were too isolated from everyone else. Having said that, his story has been better the last few weeks.

• Members

His nickname is Fletch. Why is that so appropriate? How silly that video is, but nice of people being there for him. 

I agree I've appreciated Karl and Susan in the Toadie/Sonya story, even if I didn't see the story they are referencing.

When it comes to the Tanaka boys paternity I'm baffled as why would they think having