Toups

Neighbours: Discussion Thread

649 posts in this topic

It's current, it is excellent, they do a pod every 2 or so weeks, reviewing the recent episodes. They just had their 50th episode. It's on iTunes if you want to check it out. Someone sent in a parody song about Karl performing surgery with a power drill, called 'Drilling Her Softly' :lol:

Edited by Edward Skylover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Brad paying for Jacka's mother's rent? He probably burnt down the house after Doug and Josh's deaths... Will Ned keep going and coming?

 

Xanthe is good when she doesn't trust Brooke. Gary and Sheila should too.

 

Hope David will turn out to be bisexual. It would open more possibilities than him just being out and in the closet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:36 PM, FrenchFan said:

Why is Brad paying for Jacka's mother's rent? He probably burnt down the house after Doug and Josh's deaths... Will Ned keep going and coming?

 

Ned burnt Maxine's house down so Brad is bailing him out.

 

I'm really enjoying the show at the moment, especially Elly/Angus, not many people are though. I can't wait for Jack/Paige to be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any theories on Dee's return? It's the biggest story for Neighbours in years, a former regular is allegedly involved in her disappearance but I have no idea who! Many people have speculated Darcy Tyler or Sindi Watts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this woman really is an impostor, how did the hair that she pulled off her head and gave to Mark match the DNA sample from Dee's dead sister?! Did I miss something?

Anyway, I have to say I've been loving this storyline, and Madeleine West has been brilliant. Let's just hope that Real Dee shows up too, and we get some split screen cat fight action... 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Adamski said:

If this woman really is an impostor, how did the hair that she pulled off her head and gave to Mark match the DNA sample from Dee's dead sister?! Did I miss something?

 

I guess they'll reveal that down the line.

 

I'm loving it too. Puts EE to shame at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

 

I guess they'll reveal that down the line.

 

I'm loving it too. Puts EE to shame at the moment.

 

It's so juicy, and I love how it's also intertwined with the surrogacy plot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7 February 2017 at 8:56 AM, Adamski said:

 

It's so juicy, and I love how it's also intertwined with the surrogacy plot. 

 

I agree. Do you believe that it's an impostor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Edward Skylover said:

 

I agree. Do you believe that it's an impostor?

 

Yes, she must be, surely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sampled this show last year for a couple of months then dropped it because of time and other issues but I've decided to delve back into it since last month and I enjoy it tremendously. My issue with it overall was that it was too much like a US soap albeit better written, it gives me B&B vibes.
That guy in your avatar Edward Skylover, is he gone? He'd just appeared when I watched last year. I liked Aaron's boyfriend, was it Nate?
The Dee storyline is interesting, my bet is either she had amnesia and created a past and adopted Willow, or she is an alternate personality, which would be like Beth/Lorelei on GL. (Which I loved, I don't care, it was the first time in my life I watched a DID story and I was fascinated, plus the twist of the doppelganger being the real thing was one of the best twists in GL's last decade.)
One thing though and I realize this might be unpopular but I CANNOT stand Terese. A lot of the female characters on this show appear manic to me but with a Steph it works, Terese is a phony to me. I miss Amy's mother on the other hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angus is the guy in Edward Skylover's avatar, yes he is gone. He was on an Aussie talent show as a singer. Yes Nate was Aaron's boyfriend. I would like it if they went there with Dee. I like Terese, but not this story with Piper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InLoveWithSoaps said:

I sampled this show last year for a couple of months then dropped it because of time and other issues but I've decided to delve back into it since last month and I enjoy it tremendously. My issue with it overall was that it was too much like a US soap albeit better written, it gives me B&B vibes.
That guy in your avatar Edward Skylover, is he gone? He'd just appeared when I watched last year. I liked Aaron's boyfriend, was it Nate?

 

You should definitely carry on watching, InLoveWithSoaps. For me Neighbours is the best soap I've seen by a long way. Well-written. I don't mind Terese, but she's not a favourite of mine. Nate was alright, I like Aaron's potential new love interest David Tanaka. My avatar as bl said is Angus Beaumont-Hannay played by Jai Waetford of X Factor fame. Shame he left, I loved him!

 

36 minutes ago, ~bl~ said:

Angus is the guy in Edward Skylover's avatar, yes he is gone. He was on an Aussie talent show as a singer. Yes Nate was Aaron's boyfriend. I would like it if they went there with Dee. I like Terese, but not this story with Piper.

 

Do you like Tyler/Piper as a pairing, bl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them well enough, do I think they should be together for decades like Karl and Susan, certainly not, but they are a bit of fluff and conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.