Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm loving Dastardly Dr. Nick, and all his evil schemes. He could easily be a bit of panto villain, but the actor plays him with a hint of conscience (just a bit), and some depth. I like how he stammered and shouted for everyone to stop looking at him after Georgia chucked juice down his trousers, showing signs that he doesn't like being publicly embarrassed. Although, faking test results to show Paul has leukemia will surely be a big mistake when Paul learns the truth - there's nothing like Paul Robinson scorned. I feel sorry Georgia, who I know will get caught up in Nick's schemes.

Has everyone seen the photos from the 30th b/day bash that had past and present cast in attendance? Let me know if you want me to post any.

• Members

Nick is a good character. He is very different to any of the current characters, but has some similarities to Rhys.

His presence and plots add good drama to the show, and I am interested to see how the leukemia story plays out.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I actually agree with this comment lol - not so much the 'militarisation' but IIRC the two singers recorded separate versions that were mixed together, resulting in it "teetering as it does on the brink of anarchy, two voices pleading for something, some connection in a fragmented world..." lmao.

• Members

Four new-ish regular characters arriving: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a647877/all-change-for-neighbours-four-new-regulars-join-the-soaps-cast.html#~pd2Z136eE188t6

Ben Fitzgerald (Libby Kennedy's son) is returning. Paul's long-lost daughter Amy Williams, has finally been cast, and will arrive with her son. Aaron Brennan will join his two brothers on screen.

Someone on NeighboursFans.com said they went on the tour last week, and it was mentioned that Saskia Hempele (Georgia) has left the show - this has been rumoured for months, so not surprising.

• Members

Still waiting for Piper Willis though. I can understand they maybe saving her for if/when Imogen and Josh leave but preferably I'd like there to be some overlap.

Plus the length of her exchange trip has become ridiculous!

Oh and Ned should turn up at some point too.

Edited by Dion

• Members

There's a rumour circulating that Piper Willis is being cast now; apparently it stems from a casting call and casting tapes that someone has seen. I'd like to believe that it's a possibility, as Piper really needs to be seen this year, and Terese has been making a lot of trips to Canada...

It feels like the Willises haven't been around for long, and maybe that's partly b/c they are quite under developed in some ways, so I don't want to see Imogen and Josh leave, yet. I'd like to see them interact with Piper for a while, and maybe bring Doug back for a longer stint, too, as he always brings a fresh dynamic to the family.

I'm happy to wait to see Ned for a bit longer. I'd love it if they could tempt Natalie Imbrulia to do a guest stint and reprise her role of Beth, if they introduce Ned. Might be a bit weird having two Brennan's on the show that aren't related.

• Members

But the Brennan Boys are Beth's nephews!

(longstanding NeighboursFans.com joke)

But yes, it would be good to see if they could get Natalie Imbruglia back for a short stint with Ned. All they'd need to do is briefly acknowledge the same surname (and of course point out that Beth is not related to the Brennan boys lol).

• Members

Does anyone know why TPTB at Neighbours seem so resistant to Melissa Bell returning permanently as Lucy Robinson? The actress seems to actively want a proper return, and so do many fans. Surely she'd bolster the Robinson clan with Paul and Daniel?