Home and Away: Discussion Thread

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, I'm gonna post some clips, and a synopsis will follow... if it's needed.

I'll say this, the transition from the awesome Bevan Lee and into the new writer, whose name escapes me atm, has been pretty good. There is one predictable and boring story - Who's the Daddy - involving Jack/Martha/Roman, but a part from that it's been OK. It's not Bevan, but it's still good.

This is a comical scene involving my all-time-favourite should've-be-permanent guest character, Jazz Curtis.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

A pregnant Cassie, learns she's HIV Positive.

Behind-the-scenes of Jack & Sam's Wedding.

Johnny attacks Ric and Jazz!

Sam Kills Johnny!

Sam's secret revealed + Jazz & Tony - Part 1

^^ Part 2

^^ Part 3

More will follow if you want.

• Members

Oh I loved Jazz. She was a bitch but she had a real vulnerability to her that Holly Brisley wasn't really able to pull off in Amanda.

I've found the show pretty unwatchable recently if I'm honest. It started the year so, so well building up to Sally's departure and Johnny's murder but they really neglected to line anything up to keep the momentum going. The last time I watched, the uber-Christian mother of some new girl was holding a PTA meeting because she didn't like the curriculum that Miles was introducing to Summer Bay High.

Now I like the community stories as much as the next person but it seemed so derivative and flat in comparison. There's definitely been a very noteable shift back to teenage stories in the past couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jazz was great, but for the actress that played her it was a completely different role than what she had on Blue Heelers.

Who's the daddy has been all stitched up, but I do feel for Martha as she is battling breast cancer. This friday is gone to be the last eppy for two weeks due to the Olympic, but this week promises to be good with Nicole's life being in danger.

• Members

Kane & Kirsty were my absolute favorite soap couple of all time. Sure, he raped her sister, but Kirsty redeemed him. The family was on Dani's side (and so began my hatred for Dani Sutherland, despite my love for her portrayer). It was a classic Romeo & Juliet storyline. KK just had that "it" factor, IMO, that no other soap couple has ever quite lived up to (although Nick & Phyllis come close).