Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I honestly don't mind the Bartons. Moira can get annoying, but I don't understand the Holly hate at all. Adam is definitely the best from that lot though.

Of course, there is barely anyone on this show I actively dislike, except for Shadrach and Carl. Valerie and Diane can get annoying too. But other than that, I'm either content or really like everyone else. Maybe I'm too lenient? I'll blame Days for that.

Edited by Amello

• Members

Most of the Barton stuff doesn't seem that bad to me. It's just Holly and Hannah can't act. The bullying stuff wasn't bad. Anything with Holly fails if she's in a major role -- she worked OK as the bored beard for Aaron.

I do think they don't quite gel. Adam needs a woman who will give him more personality (Scarlett doesn't have one to give), and I'd like to see a bit more from Moira and John. I'd also like to see less of John clothed.

• Members

Don't worry about it, they are sort of the same type of character, and they look alike. Jasmine was a stronger character though, she had some backbone, whereas Scarlett is often more simpering and pointless, although she has her moments. I like her best with her brother Jimmy.

• Members

Adam is as cute as it gets, but needs a storyline. The two girls are just sick. Put me to sleep. I do love Moira and John (they are so good looking!), but they don't have anything to do. What is that guys name? Marvin? The chef who wanted to have an affair with Moira. I do wish they had pursued that even if it didn't mean sex. An emotional affair of the heart could've been interesting.

• Members

Marlon.

I kind of wonder if they may bring that up again at some point.

It's funny, Marlon came on the show as a con artist, one who drove a fancy car (not his) and sunglasses and wanted to be a big name. Hard to believe today.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

He was a con artist but one who wanted to become some type of showbiz name. He was also less goofy at the time. He was a double act with Butch, who was somewhat dumb (he was like Sam). He spent a lot of time as the close friend of the show's Mary Sue heroine in those years, Kathy. I think it was once he met Tricia that he started to become more of what he is now -- goofy but also serious and emotional. She was his big love. In emotional moments he would yell "TRICIAAAA! TRICIAAAA!!!"

I hope they put some of the stuff on Youtube or somewhere else with Tricia's mother, Steph Stokes. Have you ever seen her? She is beyond fascinating, she's just this complete monster with a baby voice, yet you can't quite hate her.

• Members

I am enjoying the Adam storyline. There was some great acting with the reveal by the actors Damon and I dont know the other actor. I mean it was meaty and you felt for everyone when it finally came out that Adam is gay and why he hates that he is.