Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So Paddy is now working his way back into Rhona's life, to the surprise of absolutely no-one. Even Stevie Wonder saw that plot twist coming..... 

Please register in order to view this content

This kind of unimaginative writing makes me nervous everytime Laurel shares a scene with Marlon now. I don't feel that I can trust the writers not to try and put them back together, and that would be horrible.

• Members

Oh you already know that they are gonna work their way to putting Laurel/Marlon back together, much to the chagrin of majority of the audience, who've expressed disdain for the pairing. 

I've said this 1000 times, but I hate how Pierce was made a rapist/plot point for Rhona and Paddy. Sucks that Jonathan Wrather was wasted. I still feel like Pierce should've been made into the village playboy after parting ways with Rhona when she realized she still wanted Paddy. Just makes all this time they had apart pointless. 

• Members

Of course Priya thinks she's pregnant now that Pete and Leyla have reconciled and become engaged....  How very inventive! 

Why can't the writers be a little more creative? Let's have some happy stories for a while instead of all this doom and gloom. It's becoming quite tedious.

I just got to watch the wedding of Kathy and Jackie back in 1988. (Thank you DRW50!) There were no surprise pregnancies or infidelity revelations back then, and the only disaster was that Kathy's wedding dress was ruined when a pipe burst in the Bates' home. No crashing helicopters back then....

• Members

I've had a fabulous day so far watching old episodes of Emmerdale Farm that our very own DRW50 has posted on YouTube.  

It's such a treat to be able to visit Beckindale in the 1970s and see old friends again; Annie, Sam, Matt, Joe, Amos, Henry, Dolly, and Mr. Hinton.

If you haven't seen these episodes before I highly recommend that you do. But be warned, they have very little in common with today's version of Emmerdale. For one thing, they're actually very good!