Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Absolutely not! Although I can see it happening - I did wonder if Victoria would end up fighting for custody of her niece/nephew thanks to Adam's infertility, if Rebecca died. Lawrence could have funded the legal battle as a way to spite Robert, but that ship has now seemingly sailed. 

Charity and Declan's year-long reign of terror is one of my favourite soap story lines ever. It just kept going and going. And I've said it before, but I wanted Charity to emerge from prison humbled and affected from her time inside - not as 'punishment' but just to see her having to work hard to rebuild herself from the ground up and earn her family's trust again. And also to see her deal with the fact that Moira of all people  looked after Noah for a year. 

But instead we see her arrive in a stolen red sports car, just because. 

And I love the idea of her being a mentor to a young woman and moulding her in her image. Would put Debbie's nose out of joint.

BTW, I've been fast-forwarding most of Frank and Megan's scenes, but has Megan talked about Robbie and Declan in relation to her history with the Dingle viper?

• Members

And another thing - it's preposterous to suggest that Lawrence, who had a horrific time in prison, would then go on to frame an innocent man and get him sent down. (Although he was willing to do the same to Andy, so I guess he's got form). 

• Members

You're right.

However I'm finding this whole story preposterous in itself, and lazy writing. 

If Nel was salvageable I would have been happy to see she become Charity's protege while scheming against the Sharmas. But like most of the stories since the conclusion of Ashley's story it's all been a waste. 

And Rebecca as a character works in scenes with Debbie (I wouldn't be against a romantic pairing between these two) and Victoria. I don't hold it against the character that she does not work with Aaron and Robert, who are the equivalent of a black hole. 

• Members

I stopped watching after Ashley died, and am only dipping back in now to see how Lawrence and Emma's stories play out. Why is Nel unsalvageable? And are Rebecca and Debbie friends now? I wouldn't be averse to Debbie being in another relationship with a woman. 

• Members

Last I had seen on the show, they had Nel being a schemer one day taking Jai's credit card, then psychotically threatening to slit her wrists the next if Jai left her, then sleeping at the factory because she was homeless, taking the blame for something going wrong at the factory(making her sympathetic?), then some nonsense about her having a child that was given away. The actress couldn't handle the material IMO and I just didn't understand where the writers were going with her, was she genuinely troubled or was out to con Jai? I haven't really seen her since I've decided to check back in on the show a few weeks ago. 

I agree to a certain extent, but Charity needs direction at this moment, it's horrid. 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

I wouldn't say Nell did anything beyond salvation.Not on this show in particular. I thought the actress did a decent job. The block taping and lengthy gaps offcamera hurt more than anything else.

Lawrence has been shown as a selfish man over and over again. I don't find it that hard to believe.