Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I think the cast is too big, and that means that stories/characters disappear for long stretches. You'd think that with 6 episodes/week they would have the time to handle that, but they obviously can't.

The whole Pete/Priya story came completely out of nowhere and really made no sense. If Priya sees Leyla as a friend then why would she jump into bed with her boyfriend, and do it more than once? And then act morally outraged at Pete! Pot, meet kettle!

It felt like they just threw that story into play to give them something to do.

Henry!  

Please register in order to view this content

In hindsight it's amazing that Rachel had the nerve to act like the injured party towards Lynn. She had an affair with Lynn's husband for heaven's sake, and her mother killed him, albeit by accident.

Rachel really was a homewrecker of the highest calibre when you think of it. She had affairs with married men not once, not twice, but three times during her time in the village, and in two of those instances the betrayed wife was a friend of hers (Kathy and Sarah).

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've been watching a lot of early 1990s episodes recently (thank you for putting them on Youtube DRW50!) and I've realized how much I miss Kathy on the show.  

Please register in order to view this content

At least I can take comfort in the fact that she, like some of my other favourites Dolly and Matt, got to leave alive, and that she got away before they could pair her up with a long-lost Dingle relative.

• Members

I agree, I liked Kathy (and I think Alice could be a good addition now - as could Kathy for the Sugdens, Marlon, etc.) I do think the character lost something when she became the generic heroine in peril in the late '90s. 

• Members

I think that article is a lot of hyperbole to get attention (that "journalist" also made some unpleasant claims about Gemma Atkinson and Danny Dyer that I didn't believe - and in Dyer's case were shot down quickly), but the casting news is probably right. That family has been on borrowed time for ages. The only surprise is Chrissie as I felt like they were establishing her as being more of her own character. Maybe she chose to leave since the rest of the family, bar Rebecca, is going.

• Members

Now you know they aren't getting rid of any Dingles.  But if they did, I want Debbie to be the first one out the door. 

I love Cain, Sam, and Lisa. I don't mind Marlon, Chas, and Charity. Zak and Belle can go along with Debbie. Both of them annoy me to no end.

Rebecca needs to go too. Let her die giving childbirth to Robert and Aaron's child.