Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you. It's always a true delight to watch old episodes.

I wonder if this was the first sign of marital discord between Matt and Dolly. She's clearly starting to feel that he's giving the farm more attention than her and Sam, and it was this that eventually led to their divorce.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Now that Claire King has apparently quit Coronation Street here's my idea of how she could return to Emmerdale:

The Reskovs:

Nicky (Nicolai) Reskov-early 50's , handsome, wealthy, charismatic Russian who's lived in the UK for the past ten years. From a very powerful Soviet Russian family. Finds it easy to present himself as a warm
and amusing gentleman but is actually cold as ice and downright ruthless at times.

Yelena Reskov-early 30s. Nicky's daughter by his first marriage. Beautiful, sweet, kind, hard working. Could be a love interest for Pete, Ross or David.

Sasha Reskov-early 30s. Yelena's twin. Quirky, a "do gooder." Also gay. Could be a love interest for Finn.

Petr Reskov-late teens. Nicky's son by his second marriage. Likeable and easygoing but gives as good he gets when provoked. Would be a love interest for Belle. Possible casting: Martin Anzor (Preston, EE)

Gaia Reskov-mid 40s. Nicky's younger sister. Stern and somewhat blunt but actually a good, moral sounding board for Nicky. Will be in his corner no matter what because Nicky stood up to their father who was physically abusive to her.

Oh, yes, Nicky's current wife would be Kim. She would be dragged kicking and screaming back to Home Farm with them and ultimately reclaiming the throne as Queen Bee. She is deeply in love with her husband. There's a lot of tension between her and Gaia, though. They assimilate into village life well enough but then their place in Emmerdale reaches a melting point by the time the passenger jet explosion approaches its 30th anniversary in December 2018. Nicky's first wife was on that plane. And Nicky (or his family back in Moscow) might have had something to do with it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I felt like the character lost something when she became much more isolated and mostly just popped up for Marlon and April material. I liked her relationship with Marlon but I had a lot of issues with the way April treated her. 

I think for now they're going to keep Laurel single as they said they didn't want her to move on from Ashley too quickly. We'll see though. 

• Members

It's a good thing I corrected my mistake about the year of the plane explosion before I sent it to one of the Emmerdale writers! He actually wrote back that the basic idea of the Reskovs was "excellent" and he'd pass it on to his colleagues. That would be nice of him although I certainly expect nothing to come from it since it's an unsolicited idea.

Edited by TimWil