Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought that was true to Emma's character. Manipulative, deluded, desperate. Gillian Kearney played it well.

The only part that really bothered me was they wanted to keep the audience in the dark too about whether Faith knew, which meant the scene where she revealed she didn't know anything was just confusing and flat, aside from the performances. 

• Members

It was a really lame move. So all that Faith was huffing and puffing about was because Emma called her the devil? Gasp! I don't see how this excuses saying the woman's dead husband was not at peace. The pills twist did not make things any better. It would have been better for Ashley to be the one overhearing Emma and then forget about it, given he was involved in that story from the start. And what was Faith doing by the church anyway.

• Members

@DRW50, do you know if this rumor is true?!

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a824769/emmerdale-adam-thomas-quitting-as-adam-barton-reactions/

If so, I am praying that they don't kill him off. Moira can't afford to lose another person. Not after the loss of James, John, & Holly.

And poor Victoria. I wanted her and Adam to usher in the new generation of Sugdens. 

I hope this rumor is false. 

• Members

I know you aren't too fond of Adam Thomas...

It hasn't been confirmed, but I assume it's true. He's barely had a story since 2014, which is a long time even for a soap, his brother left Corrie last year, his other brother seems to have gotten a lot out of being on reality TV, and he was popular on I'm A Celebrity. I've always liked Adam Barton and thought Thomas was an underrated actor, so I hope it isn't true. And Moira really will be at a loss - she will just be even more shackled to the Dingles. I don't know what it will do with Victoria - she could get a new lease of life or become even more of a background player. 

I keep thinking we'll be hearing about Mike Parr sooner rather than later.

• Members

I don't mind Adam Thomas. I find some of his past acts repulsive. 

That aside, I will be sad if the character is taken off the canvas, as I do like the character. I just hate for Moira to lose another family member. I'd prefer the character to feel restless about settling in Emmerdale and him and Victoria end their marriage as they disagree over that. 

I think Mike Parr is gonna leave this show soon too. 

I actually think that this is gonna be a year a lot of people might leave the show. I just feel it.

• Members

I think Rebecca will go too (no loss...), and Lachlan, maybe Chrissie. I could see a few supporting characters going as well, like Dan and Kerry. 

I know Hola isn't safe but I put it on again to watch the Emmerdale Ashley promo on their site. It just breaks my heart. The whole story. All of it. The promo too.

They've also started putting deleted scenes up again and they have an interview with Chris Bisson about his new story, which is with a Holly lookalike.