Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

On the one hand it's a shame they went the cliche psycho route with Pierce, but the control aspects of the story and the acting is keeping me interested. I just wish it wasn't going to be all about Paddy in the end. 

Finn saying "it's just a matter of time" made me uneasy to say the last. Yes it's Emma all over again. I just wish they could have let the character be happy. He and Kasim could have had potential, and the hooker, Nathan, was gorgeous. I don't know if they still plan to have him back with Kasim but he's going to have to change a lot (Finn). I thought Joe Gill acted the scenes well but I wish the story was not so weird. 

The stuff about Charity and Bob cracked me up. 

Nicola Wheeler is such an underrated actress. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nicola Wheeler is very underrated. I hope this reveal with Rakesh leads to something larger. 

Now you know that gay characters on soaps can't be happy. They have to be miserable. Every. Single. Last. One. 

The Bob and Charity stuff had me cracking up too as they'd be such an odd, unexpected pairing. 

The Pierce story is just too painful for me. I can't get over them making this fine, strapping man into a rapist. He wouldn't have to force me down b/c I'd willingly lie down each time. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Jesus! Finn is truly becoming his mother each day. I do find it sad that Kasim's family won't accept him for who he is though. However, Finn needs to learn boundaries. His desperation to have Kasim is cringeworthy. I just hope he doesn't go pushing Kasim off a bridge in the future like his mother. 

Kudos to Nicola sacking Kerry's stank ass. Ugh! I am so glad that Nicola did what Rishi or Jai couldn't. Finally! Someone who has balls is in the factory. 

• Members

I knew that's what this would be about.  Yes, same old Debbie stories. The Charity comedy bits and the brief return of that crazy comedy lady who seems to have popped in from Corrie made it better for me. 

I will always have a soft spot for Debbie but they haven't gotten the character right in a long time. 

I just hope if we're going toward Debbie/Ross again it's not as awful this time around.

• Members

And the Ashley special episode. 

I had just assumed it, especially after the crash, so it's a nice surprise. I haven't seen it but someone said the Corrie cast didn't seem too thrilled. If so that makes it even better knowing how that cast operates...

• Members

Wow. Really? What is going on tonight? Someone who runs the official HollyOaks Twitter account declared they were robbed. 

Why can't people be happy for ED? They are always a gracious cast when they've lost for decades. Just tacky. 

What did Corrie even submit? I hope it wasn't those episodes when Calum's body was found b/c they were horrible. Or was it the episodes where Anna got caught on fire? Those were not that impressive either. 

She was boring during that period (to me) also. I've just never cared for Debbie. I hate that once she's come back, Ross gets sucked back in her orbit again.