Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's very true to life though - falling in with a bad crowd, and so on. I do think he is basically a decent person so hopefully it won't go on too long. 

I just hope this will mean more Leyla...

Emmerdale has such believable teens, especially compared to the 30-year old Louise on Eastenders. 

• Members

I agree. That's one thing that I love is that teens are teens on this show. 

Speaking of teens, oh Gabby! She is a hot mess but she is a character that every person knows growing up or can relate to.

One thing that I am loving too is that there are no teen pregnancy stories! Praise God!

Please register in order to view this content

at you always saying Louise looks 30. 

• Members

She turned 31 earlier this month but I don't want to be mean...

I know. I was sure we'd get one with Belle, or with Jacob and Gabby. I'm so glad there's been a break so far. The last was when Gemma had an abortion in 2013. That's a lifetime for modern soaps. 

• Members

I'd be happy with a teen being addicted to drugs story over having a baby. 

Mind you, I don't mind teen pregnancy as it is an epidemic, but I hate it has been made a staple and some twisted right of passage of young girls on soaps.

I didn't mind Gemma's pregnancy back in '13 b/c it ended fast. 

I'm not worried about the teens on here getting pregnant anytime soon. *knocks on wood*

EastEnders, on the the other hand, I am.

• Members

http://deadline.com/2016/12/bbc-worldwide-svod-itv-britbox-amc-networks-eastenders-new-blood-faulty-towers-emmerdale-holby-city-1201869449/

On the positive side, this may make it easier for those in the US to see Emmerdale. On the negative, I’d say if you want to save anything from Youtube or Dailymotion or wherever you might want to do so quickly. 

• Members

If it is easily available in the US I hope people will get to see Ashley's story, if episodes from this year are available. It reminds me so much of material Marland or Agnes Nixon or Bill Bell would have done...far more than anything on American soaps in years.