Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Loved the last part of this scene. Beautiful writing, acting, and direction. People only ever talk about Freddie Jones when they want to talk about ham but he's given some absolutely aching performances lately. Moments like this are why I still hope for Emmerdale.

• Members

The shows been so good lately. 

I knew Emma would know deep down that there was something wrong with my bae Ross. It was cute seen Finn hold baby Moses.

Debs da Ho finds out her goodies aren't enough to charm Pete anymore. That scene was great. Anthony Q is playing that barely constrained rage so good. I love the edge to his scenes now. I literally half expect him to start choking Debbie or throwing things around 

• Members

Totally. I'm really enjoying unhinged Emma - any scene where she strides into The Woolpack and tells it like it is always gets me going! I love that she calls out the Dingles for what they are - 'inbred' etc. And referring to Debbie's 'sour face' was just wonderful. 

• Members

Emmerdale also put up a return video for him, with a few upcoming scenes. 

http://ryanhawleys.tumblr.com/post/127578024153/ross-is-back-let-the-hell-fire-beginmike-parr

Good episode overall, especially the Val scenes. I guess this was the last time we'll see her. It was true Val - in all her glory and OTT messiness. And I like the way they are wrapping up the Rachel story (most of all I'm just glad she's going). 

I hope this is the end of Debbie/Pete. His behavior with her was more than a little frightening. This triangle needs to die. 

• Members

OMG. Thank you, Emmerdale and Kate Oates!

She is giving me the soapy goodness I've been wanting and yearning for. A classic red-herring that actually worked. They also used social media in a smart way to fool us all into believing Michael Parr was actually gone. I signed a freaking petition to get him back. :lol:

This show is why I don't believe soaps are dead. Yeah, the model needs retooling but the product still excels when done correctly. US soaps need to take note. 

I can't say anything bad about Emmerdale. All the stories are hot even though there are a few things I don't care for (Robert being the village scape goat) but at least they are trying.