Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He said in an interview that his character has become less popular since the Debbie pairing began, which he seemed a little unhappy about. I don't think it's just that (I think making him Moses' father was dumb, and he doesn't have the same relationship with Finn or April that he once had), but it doesn't help.

But he was just terrific on Thursday when Ross told Finn. I'm going to have to put that scene on Youtube if no one else has. He really impressed me.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

That new copper was a total babe.

The focus on Sandy has me fearing that worst. Betty has left me, Sandy absolutely must remain.

It pisses me off immensely that Debbie is such a tw*t about Kerry. Debbie Downer constantly hating fun.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

http://shows.stv.tv/emmerdale/talk/1325734-emmerdale-producer-kate-oates-talks-about-explosive-wedding-disaster-week/

(if she seems subdued in that interview it's likely because a nasty tabloid story popped up this weekend about her getting nailed by a crew member and the girlfriend she didn't know about being furious about it)

Spoilers, obviously.

Today's episode was decent (mostly liked seeing the older characters), although the scene with Ross going off in the Woolpack was very good.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm not sure. I have a feeling it was the article.

(I'm always annoyed at anything she says about Chrissie though - Chrissie is not a "victim")

Around 1,000 people signed a petition to try to get STV (Scotland's ITV) to not show the episodes, due to similarities to what happened there a few years ago. I guess we'll see if STV agrees. 

Throwback Tuesday:

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Help!

I am a SERIOUSLY addicted newbie, having just found EMMERDALE on youtube this month.

Following a friend's advice, I started watching the highlights of the Aaron story, and have gotten through hundred of clips from 2009 to 2015.

I adore Aaron, Paddy, Chas, and so many of the characters, and want to start watching full episodes from as far back as I can find them, not just the Aaron clips. (I must say, however, that the Aaron and Jackson story and its aftermath was responsible for getting me hooked, and had me crying my eyes out for weeks. I understand why people want to both throttle and protect Aaron; watching him screw up his life through bad choices is infuriating, but watching him suffer is just agonizing. I love, love, love his relationship with Paddy, and when Aaron called him "Dad," I lost it.)

Anyway, I also want to find detailed storyline and character background information, so I can figure out how those darned Dingles are related (LOL), and understand the past relationships of all the characters better.

Does anyone know of good websites where I can find in-depth character biographies and explanations of how the families are related? Synopses of past storylines? Full episodes going back as far as possible?

I don't know much about the show's current state in 2015, but the writing and acting from the Aaron and Jackson era was great, and I hope that I won't be disappointed in EMMERDALE's present storylines.

If anyone can direct this neurotically-obsessed new fan to EMMERDA:E websites, I would appreciate it.