EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks, Carl and Matt!

I'd read about the Olympics tie-in storyline, and I figured it had to do with that. EE spoiler/teaser pics can be so bizarre when taken out of context, even for someone who's familiar with the show! I love me some Billy, so I might track down the episode (or at least the Red Button scenes) when they air.

Speaking of Red Button, whenever it's brought up, my mind goes back to this masterpiece of a scene between Janine and Stacey:

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He also had some scene with his pants pulled down back in 2006 or 2007.

The special interested me mostly because they remembered his kids. I wasn't expecting that. I know it's a copout not to have Janet on regularly when they said they would but I'm glad she still appears.

I also liked that they addressed the whole "British people hate winning," idea that you hear so often but is usually not mentioned in a show like this.

• Members

Michelle Fowler's last ever scene from 1995:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FDlX7NXWZbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Too bad the whole episode isn't up, and too bad there's no Julia's Theme (though they used it a lot less in those days). I believe Michelle was the character with most Julia's Theme closings until Stacey, but I think Stacey's record may be in a single year.

• Members

This made me laugh. I'm sure he had his reasons but just thinking of it as the reason he left EastEnders, it seems like a great exaggeration. The EE curse strikes once again. Like, EE ruined his life so much that he had to get out of the show, the career and the COUNTRY! Just, wow.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I think he'd left the business before he came back to Eastenders. I can't remember. He's someone I thought would stay for life, if he had the chance, but clearly not.

I guess Patsy Palmer will be happy, as she was not a fan of Bianca/Ricky.

Michelle Fowler was such an honest, true character, of the type no soap would bother with now. Today she would be called a harridan, and run down by fans.

• Members

That's if Patsy even decides to come back at all. She too has played games with the show, with Ricky gone, I wouldn't be surprised if they fired her outright or if she decided she didn't want to return.

And honestly, as her last stint proved, she and the kids just don't work well with Ricky there to balance them out. Carol and Bianca feed off each other's negative energy, which gets very annoying after a while. You need Ricky somewhere in there to balance them out.