EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for letting me know. I will be skipping Digital Spy today! For quite a while, actually.

It's funny - I was so wary of his joining Eastenders, and yet, thanks to all the endless hysteria whipped up about him, I ended up pitying him.

I think his run on Eastenders was mixed, but never as bad as many claimed. Or even close.

It will be interesting to see how many suddenly start loving the show since he's gone. Or if the disgusting trash Corrie has become will continue to be their ideal.

• Members

I know some blame John Yorke for some of the show's larger failings over the recent years (like killing Kathy), but he's also done a lot for the show. I am surprised Kirkwood would even have any power, after the whole baby swap controversy.

Who was that woman who came from Emmerdale...Beedles? I remember when she was speculated as taking over for Kirkwood.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I do wonder how far planned Sharon's story is. Maybe that was the disagreement? Either way I think this may be for the best, a fresh era starting with Sharon's return.

I just hope they get better producers to come in than those who came to Hollyoaks after Kirkwood left.