EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Mitchell's were better when they were exclusively tied to Sharon. It's easy to forget that Phil and Grant were created for her and to give her story, not to consume huge amounts of the show, which they did by the late 90's.

I think the early 90's had a best of both worlds feel for the show. It still had a lot of its 80's grit, but was also more progressive and evolved with the then times.

• Members

I love that clip with Mandy and Kathy. I had mixed feelings on Kathy, mostly because she became such a miserable person, but I like it when you see some fire in her, as you do in this clip. Revisiting the Donna story was just brilliant and I'm sorry they never did again. I really like how the show used the Mandy character to push buttons. Yet she doesn't seem like a plot device.

You may enjoy this somewhat random clip of your favorite character's first boyfriend, going to be interviewed on BBC Wales.

• Members

The actress that plays Mandy really reminds me of Lacey Turner and the character seems quite similar to Stacey. I like the look of her, was she a really big character at the time and quite memorable? Everyone I've told doesn't seem to remember her!

• Members

Her voice reminds me a lot of Lacey's, but I would say that Mandy is more similar to Janine in her peak years than Stacey. Though, you could say Stacey also resembled some aspects of Janine as well, at least in her beginning years.

Mandy had a one-night stand with Ricky before she left.

Too bad Sid Owen is taking a break from the show, since Ricky is one of the remaining characters from that era who knew Mandy well enough.

Mandy didn't meet Bianca and Carol, since they debuted permanently in January 1994, which is the same month Mandy left.

And here's Nicola and Sid Owen together again on Bad Girls, at least in the recap scenes in the beginning and 3:06 in:

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I didn't think Pat would be getting a love interest again (outside of the "comedy" stuff with Peggy) so I'm looking forward to this, even if it probably will just be short-term. I'm looking forward to seeing what he will be like. With Lydia for a mother he's probably going to be very weak-kneed. I guess this will lead to some war between Janine and Pat.

• Members

Jessie and Letitia were both used heavily during the 2001-2005 era, but strangely, I can't recall many scenes between Kat and Sharon.

I know Sharon interacted with the Slater's quite a bit when she returned as owner of the Vic in 2001, as they were the big new family on the show then, but that seemed to calm down a few months after her return.

Anyway, 3:45 in is a scene where Kat visits Sharon on her wedding day to Dennis, and Chrissie later interrupts.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LQRiGJj-H9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

They also interacted when Zoe ran away after the Kat/Zoe reveal as well.

I think it was during Lynne's wedding at the Vic, where Sharon was comforting all of the Slater's.

A lot of the characters that were heavily featured during the 2003-2006 era seemed to be isolated from one another and rarely interacted much.