EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

And really, outside of Sonia and Bradley, Dot was never that close to any of Jim's family, so I never really bought her with the Branning's. She's not a character rooted in any particular family, she's rooted more in the community of the show.

I cringed a few months ago when Max told Lauren to call her grandma. While I can understand it as a sign of respect, but when have Lauren and Dot ever been close?

On the topic of grandchildren, I don't understand why in recent years they've tried to say that Bradley is Jim's favorite grandchild. While I don't like her, if anyone was/is his favourite, it would be Sonia, she was basically more like his daughter than granddaughter anyway.

Here's a small clip of Polly and June together:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NDnM0uBhn3A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's episode was written by Daran Little, and he did not disappoint. Very good episode overall.

Nina and Nitin's scenes today should be used as their acting reels for next years awards. Those scenes were the best yet in their story.

I even found enjoyment out of the Christian and Syed scenes today, as they had plenty of depth to them with Christian feeling insecure about Syed and Zaniab reconciling.

I'm loving Lydia's interactions with the square. That brief exchange with Pat, Janine, and Ricky outside of the Vic was refreshing as we don't seem them as a family unit (Pat is usually absent) very often these days. Then Lydia stopping by in a car and referring to Pat's hooking days upon seeing her on the street corner, ROFL :lol: Poor Pat cannot escape the digs about her hooker past.

• Members

They seem to get rid of most of their new characters very quickly (or just leave them standing around doing nothing) but I hope Greg stays. That would provide more consequences for the inevitable Tanya/Max reunion, and he is also way too hot to get rid of - the show isn't big in eye candy now.

• Members

I wish Dot would visit Ethel's grave again, like she did the day she married Jim.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y9d7o15M4tc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like that the show has never had Dot forget about Ethel and what that friendship meant to her.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

That Zainab/Masood scene on Friday's episode is going to go in my very very exclusive section for Favorite Eastenders Scenes of All Time. Nina and Nitin are beyond superb together. I couldn't stop watching the part with <SLAP> YUSEFHASDONENOTHING!!!! And the look on his face, the pain and shock in his eyes...