EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They have done a bad job with Keegan so far. He's just been so one-dimensional. I really like the actor though so I'm hoping they can redeem him, he's too hot to waste

Please register in order to view this content

Not that any redeeming could erase some of the things he's done thus far though.

Edited by Edward Skylover

• Members

So what's the verdict now? Who thinks the Taylors will end up the same way as the Millers? (i.e. all axed?) I'm surprised Sean O'Connor didn't want to axe the Carters...! I hope Keegan survives if they can redeem him. It's sad that not many young characters stick around on this show. Well, no guys anyway, a lot of the girls do; Abi, Whitney, Lauren etc.

• Members

Not much has been said about her. The Carters are in a mess at the moment and I'm really shocked they went there with Mick/Whitney, I don't understand the decision behind that.

I hope Ben gets more to do soon. I hate seeing him floating around doing nothing.

ETA: I notice they've given Michelle a bit of a make-over, I wonder if they're trying to make the audience warm to her more.

WALFORD WOES 

EastEnders ratings crisis as viewers fall to just 4.5m viewers as shock rape storyline divides fans

The BBC One soap's fans are bitterly divided over the storyline that has seen Louise Mitchell believe she has been raped

By Carl Greenwood
17th June 2017, 1:30 pm

Updated: 17th June 2017, 5:40 pm

EASTENDERS is facing a ratings crisis as viewers fell to an average just 4.5m for last night’s episode.

The BBC One soap fell behind Emmerdale to become the least watched of the big three as Coronation Street soared to six million while fans of Walford were left divided over the bullying storyline that has seen Louise Mitchell believe she has been raped.

EastEnders viewers were impressed by Tilly Keeper's performance as Louise Mitchell

BBC
EastEnders viewers were impressed by Tilly Keeper’s performance as Louise Mitchell

h

EastEnders' Keegan Baker is arrested for raping Louise Mitchell

While actress Tilly Keeper's performance was widely praised by viewers, the harrowing storyline saw the police question Louise in a way that fans didn't like.

The episode - which shot to the top of the BBC's iPlayer service - saw Louise break down over bullies Keegan,  Madison and Aelxandra's vicious lies about Louise having sex with Keegan at a party.

Schoolgirl Louise was devastated as she believed she had been raped with her being spiked and therefore too drunk to consent to anything.

But after tearfully breaking down to stepmum Sharon, Louise spoke to the police who questioned her in a way that left fans raging.

"It doesn't matter if she was drunk that's still rape," wrote one viewer. "A police officer wouldn't say that

• Members

An increased teen presence (although the execution has been bad), bringing back Michelle, re-building Ian and Jane, reducing Phil's screen-time, making things less OTT, not sure what else off the top of my head. Many of those are minority opinions though, most people would probably say they were bad things.

• Members

Well I am glad someone is enjoying those things but I am not. 

I do agree that the increased teen presence is good, but he is taking poor Louise and Bex through the damn wringer. Bex thought she had a sex tape, and Louise thinks she was sexually assaulted ... it's just too much. Doesn't help either that Keegan is tied to both incidents, and now we're supposed to pity him. 

SOC bringing Michelle was an absolute dud. I've said this months ago, and I still stick by it that Michelle would NEVER have preyed on a young boy given how her parents had sleepless nights over her/Den's affairs at the inception of the show. It is so out of character for her. 

And Ian/Jane can never be rebuilt after the damage the previous regime. I will never be able to look at the two characters the same again after the covered for Bobby for over a year when he killed Lucy, and Jane dumped her in the park like she was yesterday's trash. The only way I feel they can be rebuilt is if Jane dies a fatal death, and Ian spends eternity alone and miserable. I didn't even how Kathy went along with it too. While I am not as disgusted with her, I can't look at her the same at times too. 

But anyone who reduces Phil's airtime gets a bit of credit in my book. Like Steve McFadden, but Phil is long overdue an exit. I'm sure once he returns to the show, he'll pick up where he left off as a big ass bully on the Square that everyone unfortunately fears. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm hoping Ted's gun kills Karen or Keegan by the end of the summer. Yes, the actor who plays Keegan is a handsome kid but the character is irredeemable. The actor will have no problem finding other work. I wonder if he can do a decent American accent.

• Members

Personally Michelle is one of my favourites and I like the bond she has with Ian and Sharon (my love of Michelle being another minority opinion). I don't feel like the Preston thing was out of character but most do think that.

I agree Phil needs to go. UK soaps love flogging a dead horse with long term characters. Ian and Jane are beyond repair too but they won't go anywhere.

I like the direction he's taking Lauren in. It doesn't feel boring or obvious, and I like that.

I'm still not happy about Steven's homosexuality/bisexuality being ignored/buried.

I still don't understand why Chelsea hasn't been re-cast and why Denise's step son Jordan was used in that stupid story when he could have come in as a permanent character too. I want them to do something about Lisa allowing Louise to just set up home with Phil.

ETA: I find it almost unbelievable a boy as good looking as Keegan comes from the Taylor family.