Toups

EastEnders: Discussion Thread

7,036 posts in this topic

'The continuity is ridiculously bad!' EastEnders fans go wild over blunder as they see Michelle Fowler's hair grow inches in a matter of minutes during Grand National scene

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4401290/EastEnders-Michelle-Fowler-s-hair-grows-mid-episode.html#ixzz4dy9nN8T7 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

On 4/11/2017 at 9:06 AM, victoria foxton said:

'The continuity is ridiculously bad!' EastEnders fans go wild over blunder as they see Michelle Fowler's hair grow inches in a matter of minutes during Grand National scene

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4401290/EastEnders-Michelle-Fowler-s-hair-grows-mid-episode.html#ixzz4dy9nN8T7 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Reminds me of two episodes in 2011 on OLTL at Victor Lord Jr's funeral where Jack Manning's hair was short then long then short again 

So Redwater is finally premiering next month. I love Fionnuala Flanagan but this one seems like a total stinker. Kat with long hair and a crunchy granola wardrobe? Do me a favor. It's like when Beverlee McKinsey was sent to Texas as a romantic heroine and it didn't work. Iris was a bitch and so is Kat.

I don't know what's more disturbing. Bex being tricked into eating cat s*** or the bully girl eating an actual truffle that was sitting next to a pile of it in a box. Disgusting. Truly a low for this show, Thursday's epi was the worst I've seen possibly. Michelle's car crash should have killed those two girls, and even Louise.

I will give Redwater a try (the title is too similar to Red Rock - which I'm waiting to reprise this summer on BBC) but it should have aired last year. Wonder if Kat & Alfie will return to EE.

Dean Gaffney is returning as Robbie? Uhhhh...OK. My first thought was maybe he and Carmel could be a couple and it would sort of show her to be a hypocrite due to her opposition to Kush and Denise.

21 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Dean Gaffney is returning as Robbie? Uhhhh...OK. My first thought was maybe he and Carmel could be a couple and it would sort of show her to be a hypocrite due to her opposition to Kush and Denise.

You must hate Robbie to wish Carmel on him...

I always liked Robbie. Not sure I expected a return, but I hope it works out. 

On 4/15/2017 at 10:09 AM, InLoveWithSoaps said:

I will give Redwater a try (the title is too similar to Red Rock - which I'm waiting to reprise this summer on BBC) but it should have aired last year. Wonder if Kat & Alfie will return to EE.

I could see a guest appearance for Kat down the line but most likely nothing else.

Awww, Carl, I like Carmel/Bonnie Langford. I think she's done her best with awful material these past 18 months. Remember how touching she was when Carmel's grandson died?

2 hours ago, TimWil said:

Awww, Carl, I like Carmel/Bonnie Langford. I think she's done her best with awful material these past 18 months. Remember how touching she was when Carmel's grandson died?

I like Bonnie Langford, it's just been so much awful writing that I flinch when I see Carmel. The Robbie idea is a good one though.

I'm a bit behind but I love these scenes with Martin/Stacey/Sonia/Michelle & Jean. So great to have Sonia and Jean back for the Bex story.

In all honesty, who are they gonna pair Robbie with? Carmel might be the only choice as he's either related to most of the women on the Square. 

I can't imagine they'll pair him with anyone. He'll probably be there mainly to support his family's storylines. I wonder if it' permanent or a guest spot. I have to say actually recently I've really been enjoying SOC's work. There are things wrong with it but it feels less obvious again. To me it really feels like an old school vibe is back in the show. I know people don't like Michelle much but it was right to bring her back, she has connections to so many people in the square. Can't wait to inevitably see Mark and Vicki again.

I've really changed my opinion on Tina. Always felt she was surplus to requirements but I've enjoyed her having a chance to shine since all the other Carters imploded. It did feel like the alzheimers story didn't get enough air-time to give it justice but they've really upped their game with it and giving Sylvie a decent farewell. 

Not sure how I feel about a pop reject joining the cast. Leave that to Corrie and Hollyoaks. I know Neighbours does it, but only when it's launching careers rather than casting people whose careers have died.

I like the direction they're taking Lauren in too.

Edited by Edward Skylover

3 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

I've really changed my opinion on Tina. Always felt she was surplus to requirements but I've enjoyed her having a chance to shine since all the other Carters imploded. It did feel like the alzheimers story didn't get enough air-time to give it justice but they've really upped their game with it and giving Sylvie a decent farewell. 

Not sure how I feel about a pop reject joining the cast. Leave that to Corrie and Hollyoaks. I know Neighbours does it, but only when it's launching careers rather than casting people whose careers have died.

I like the direction they're taking Lauren in too.

Lauren bores the hell out of me. Mostly just her rolling her eyes as we hear for the 450th time that she's unfulfilled. She feels spent.

I do think Tina has really become a special character.