Toups

EastEnders: Discussion Thread

6,768 posts in this topic

I don't see it as that. I felt Lee was going off to get the help he needed on his own terms, away from a situation he felt was bad for him. I do think they vilified and emasculated him too much during the run-up to his exit, but I don't think they made him leave the same way. He made a choice to get better and do it on his own terms, and he said he felt better away from Walford when he could make a fresh start. While I would've liked to see a bit more focus on making it clear he was getting proper care, I don't think they sent him off not knowing what to do or thinking he was going to fix it all overnight. It was clear he knew he needed help.

That said, yes, Beanbag was a cock.

Edited by Vee

The whole Lee story was a mess IMO and gave the message that people with mental health problems are a burden to their loved ones and that they should keep it to themselves. It's probably one of the worst storylines I've ever seen on EE, it actually made me feel quite offended.

Obviously people see things differently though. I thought it started well and undid all the hard work starting with the Vic raid.

Edited by Edward Skylover

I think the story was a total mess from what I've seen of just the last two months. I think the ending episode worked for me.