EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't see it as that. I felt Lee was going off to get the help he needed on his own terms, away from a situation he felt was bad for him. I do think they vilified and emasculated him too much during the run-up to his exit, but I don't think they made him leave the same way. He made a choice to get better and do it on his own terms, and he said he felt better away from Walford when he could make a fresh start. While I would've liked to see a bit more focus on making it clear he was getting proper care, I don't think they sent him off not knowing what to do or thinking he was going to fix it all overnight. It was clear he knew he needed help.

That said, yes, Beanbag was a cock.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The whole Lee story was a mess IMO and gave the message that people with mental health problems are a burden to their loved ones and that they should keep it to themselves. It's probably one of the worst storylines I've ever seen on EE, it actually made me feel quite offended.

Obviously people see things differently though. I thought it started well and undid all the hard work starting with the Vic raid.

Edited by Edward Skylover

• Members

Never saw her on Corrie but I must say they did a good job with the casting of her daughter Eva as she looks just like her.

The Dot stuff was the best part of last week. Loved the satellite stuff. Lee's exit was a bit forced, I don't understand why they had to have him hit Whitney. I'm a bit bored with all this "new producer arrives, gets rid of people brought in by the previous one". Whitney & Mick is obviously going to happen and I don't know if I want to see that. Why is Linda off the show? I low-key expect her never to come back. Michelle is growing on me, but pairing her with Tina would be hilarious for the wrong reasons. I suppose Ronnie's death had an impact but poor Roxy had none. It would have had a lot more potential had she survived and had to live with herself after causing Ronnie's death, obviously building towards her falling for Jack.

• Members

Kellie Bright (Linda) is on maternity leave. 

Lee hit Whitney so viewers would sympathize with her and want him gone. 

No, it's not. She had primetime shows for much of the late '90s up to the late '00s. She simply aged out, had some flops, and was never much of an actress. 

• Members

She didn't seem to good on Coronation St. Her accent wasn't too good. I can't deal with the accents on that show as it is let alone someone putting it on really thick.

I've pretty much dropped EE at the moment. It's lost it's spark, it was doing quite well in the hands of SOC to begin with.

• Members

I know you guys probably all know but you can buy episodes of EE on the BBC Store now, I bought Dot and Ethel's 1987 two-hander and Sharon and Michelle's (first) two-hander today. What a wonderful service!

• Members

Yes, unfortunately I agree. I don't see why all the teen guest characters have to be 'bullies'. You'd hope they'd give them a bit more depth. Hopefully we'll learn about him more down the line, the 2 girls are much worse though, I hope they don't end up appearing more frequently.

I wonder why the teens are appearing so heavily at the moment. Is SOC attempting to capture a teen demographic? If so, I wonder why. I do think it's a good avenue to go down, I just think they could have done with a less predictable bullying approach and if not, I think adding another 'good' teen to the mix would make it feel a little less bland.