EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't get why the show is getting rid of him either. Outside of Buster and Dean, he was the only other interesting Carter. 

Them having hardly rehearsal time makes sense. It showed. 

Tilly should've been cast as someone other than Louise. Just so awkward seeing her play younger than what she looks. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was genuinely surprised to skip through yesterday's episode and see - admittedly with bedcovers blocking the goods - Lee on top of Whitney, his beautiful ass moving up and down as he unsuccessfully tried to perform before rolling over to his side of the bed. I've never seen anything like that on a "major" UK soap before. I never know what stupid people will complain to OFCOM about (earlier this year some complained because they were sure Emmerdale was making fun of people with palsy), but I'll be surprised if that shot doesn't get a flood. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the link, Carl.

Daran Little is a very good writer but on Friday's episode there was a prime example of his coming up with a jokey line that was extremely unlikely for a particular character. That would be Roxy saying to Jack re Honey "She's throwing darts, not speaking to the UN." Has Roxy even ever heard of the UN? I don't think so.

• Members

What did they say? I saw the jokes Donna and Roxy were making on Thursday (well Donna mostly). These types of moments always seem so forced in recent years because characters who have horrible histories are thrown together to fill up numbers. It worked best in the early years with Kathy and Angie. 

• Members

I'm enjoying it in general. I think SOC has greatly improved the overall tone of it. As I think you're aware I've really never been a fan of Lee/DBH but I thought the call center scenes were a good departure from Albert Square-I wish we could see more of these. Christmas/New Year's episodes will be the big test, though. Do you think that both Mitchell sisters will be killed off? That sounds a tad over the top from SOC to me.

Edited by TimWil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There is all kinds of speculation going around that a recast Michelle Fowler is on the way, between Sharon talking with her on the phone a few days ago, Sharon having the Christmas Eve duff-duff, and most of all, a trailer for the BBC Christmas programs having a scene that was later removed and replaced - Ian, Stacey, Martin and Rebecca in the family kitchen, with a strange woman wearing a cardigan. Either it's a lot of nothing, it's a woman we're supposed to be a big deal who isn't actually Michelle, or it's Michelle. 

There's also speculation an actress named Jenna Russell was cast in some role. 

You can find the photo and spec here:

http://walfordweb.com/topic/30103458/1/

http://walfordweb.com/topic/30103604/1/

They're also saying Denise's mother has been cast. 

http://walfordweb.com/topic/30101124/1/