EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Question--Are they now giving Julia's Theme to everyone that makes an exit on this show? I thought the song was only played for extremely special occasions. Sorry, but I don't find Tam and Nancy leaving being one of them. 

Ugh! Denise, why did you listen to Sharon? She should've left the photo of that thieving twat in the shop window. Of course, they'd have Louise get one over on Denise, which pisses me off. I hate the character of Louise and already wish a bullet was in her ass and she hasn't been on the show a year yet. 

Again, I hate how Jay is surrounded by nothing but jailbait. I'm actually glad to hear that there are rumblings of him and Abi reuniting. I never cared for the pairing before but dammit, I am all for it now if it means getting him out of the orbit of these prepubescent tarts. 

Glad Masood came to his senses. Honestly, I don't know why he didn't before. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that your adult kids don't want to be traveling around the world with you and their significant other. 

Dear God. Stacey hasn't even recovered from the affair with Kush and they already have her eyeing another man on Square. Is this all the material they can give Stacey? Whoring herself out one second and being crazy the next? If so, Lacey Turner needs to leave again. Being actor, it has to be frustrating to get the same damn material time and time again. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have a feeling that's going to be a feint, as I don't think DTC wants to ruin the upcoming wedding with Stacey getting yet another dicking, but then again, this is DTC...

Whatever happens, it's clear to me that Stacey is settling for Martin. I think James Bye has become more popular than they expected (I think they were hoping Kush/Stacey would be a thing), so that may change their plans, but I just don't think she looks at Martin and sees a real partner. He is, as you've said, a discount Bradley in her eyes...and she was never really happy with Bradley until he was a corpse. 

Sometimes I watch her scenes with Martin and think they're a nice family, but that isn't what Stacey wants. 

• Members

Of course not. Stacey wants to trollop around the Square with no strings attached until she sees another woman wanting her men.

I want her to be with Kush, so Martin can finally be paired with a woman that'll adore him. I wish they'd bring Chelsea back, so she could stick her claws in Martin. At least she'd appreciate him.

• Members

Julia's Theme used to be used for emotional moments, rather than just exits. Over time I think it's become a bit too overly precious and overhyped, as the show celebrates itself too much rather than focusing on how to move forward. The last few years they seem to have stopped being so restrictive about using it, which works for me. While the exit itself should have been done differently (the last shot should have been Nancy and Tamwar leaving, rather than Mick and Masood walking away), I thought the theme worked. A bit manipulative, but touching nonetheless.

• Members

I was going to post about this. It's just lazy writing. I guess a writer who doesn't bother with Wiki doesn't know he changed his name back. Either that or when he has a story he must be a Mitchell.

He's way way way too hot to be a Mitchell. The only hot Mitchell was Grant in the '90s. 

• Members

And Kim Medcalf's Sam was hot. Everyone else in that family is ugly as f-ck. Harry Reid's Ben can be hot at time but that's it. I agree that that whole clan isn't as hot as these writers try and portray them. Especially, Phil, who is ugly as hell and has a poor attitude. I don't see how he makes women get hot and horny for him. Yuck. 

Not surprised that Jay would get in trouble for dating Linzi and it coming back on him. Now I'm sure we have to watch this be drawn out as Jay being made into some molester and pariah, Linzi being made bitter, vengeful, and deranged, Rebecca getting involved just because, and Louise coming out smelling like roses as she's prepped for Jay. :rolleyes: I'm sure this'll also be Sharon's dumb ass way of getting involved back into the Mitchell fold again.

Normally, I'd be all for a story like this being told but not when I can see a mile away this is gonna be more about Louise than it being about Jay. 

And Denise....<_< Can they give this poor woman (along with Masood) something better to do rather than wallow around and wanna raise kids? Most people her age are glad when their kids are gone because they can live again. Can we see someone happy on the damn Square? I'd like to see Denise and Masood date and accept being single and free of kids.

• Members

He's a Mitchell, of course all the ladies love him.

I think Ben can be attractive at times (and Harry Reid has a nice ass, especially if that nude photo of him is real), and Sam was pretty, and Jamie was pretty, but by and large it's always been a family where nasty personalities or cheap attire and hair end up overshadowing anything else.

Sharon is a mug. She had that same wistful look when the Mitchells were fleeing the Vic after Ben humiliated Abi. She probably even has fond memories of when Phil encouraged Denny's bad behavior and his hitting Sharon. It's sad. 

The whole thing was ridiculous. That we were actually supposed to enjoy Denise being humiliated - it's not surprising, but it's pathetic. DTC has treated her with contempt time after time after time, from the cleaner's job to abusing Patrick for a week, to being third fiddle in her own home, and now this. And I just know she's going to end up with Phil's baby.

Speaking of ridiculous - Paul saying that someday the hormones would get to Louise too. Beyond the fact that 14 year olds do have hormones, it's a ludicrous line when the actress looks 25.

• Members

Of course Denise will wound up pregnant. The Mitchells gotta cover all bases. Now there has to be a biracial Mitchell running about just to cover bases. Ugh. I can see the writing on the wall. 

I hate how Denise was dogged tonight and it makes me wish even more that Phil would've crushed Louise's little ass. The girl hasn't even been on the canvas a good 4 months and I already want her ass DEAD. 

With Sharon, I'm ready for her to go. I just can't even look at her anymore. I can't. She's so stupid to the point it is saddening and embarrassing. Sucks because Sharon used to be character full of life and now she's a former shell of herself.