EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I missed out on the alleged horror story that led up to it, but I loved the moment she stood up in prison to reveal her pregnancy. It was the first time I experienced that sort of pregnancy reveal, and her subsequent time after in Walford was perfect. Of course, Kirkwood copied himself unnecessarily with Theresa McQueen, and they did the same with Charity on Emmerdale, so it's lost a but of its lustre. Still, that she named him after Ricky cracks me up.

• Members

Kim actually also appeared in more episodes than Danniella, probably down to the Den murder story in 2005 (and the fact she never had serious, um, "issues"). 

Though, Kim's Sam felt like a completely different character, not that I minded though. I've never felt Sam to be much of a character in the first place. 

• Members

Was tonight the sad sap's episode of EE? I couldn't with all the moaning and groaning tonight. 

Kush getting drunk and moping about just solidified my newfound dislike for him. I hate how he's been made the victim (along with Stacey) when he is the co-culprit in the paternity of Arthur. Carmel is starting to piss me off too with her constant coddling. IMO, she should be calling him out on his f-ck up instead of encouraging it. It further unnerved me too that Carmel went to Sonia of all people to seek help. Ugh. 

We then move onto Buster moaning about Shirley.... Perks about these scene are that they were to FF. No Mick. No Buster. No Shirley. Thank you, Jesus. 

Moving onto the interesting part--Jordan. I hate how Kim, Patrick, and Vincent were so hard on him. Especially, given their current (Kim/Vincent) or past (Patrick) history with unsavory characters. I also didn't like how they kept comparing him to Lucas. Jordan was nothing of the sort. I am glad that Denise is getting story and Jordan is back. Can't wait to see how this pans out.

• Members

Whoa! Talk about an ending. I did not expect Jordan to have a child! May I also add that Jovian Wade is a true gem! What a find for EE. After 2 episodes, I've already fallen for this version of Jordan. I was heartbroken when he divulged to Denise that his whole reasoning for needing the money and stealing the money from Chelsea was to help his family escape and to pay off his late girlfriend's debt to her dealers. 

Pam digging into Kathy's ass was everything. Kathy is such a simp now to believe and take the bait that Babe tossed out there.

Have these people forgotten that Ben is gay?! 

It is obvious he'd gravitate toward Paul constantly because that's who he is attracted to! 

I am not here for Abi's skeevy, no self-esteem having ass plotting to try and win over Ben knowing damn well he's gay. I hate this story. Have her go sniff after Jay! Just makes me wish that Abi would've left the Square with Lauren. Doesn't help now that DTC is about to add another obstacle to the mix.... 

• Members

Ok. Tonight once again reaffirms that DTC and his writers must be looking at US soaps and their tropes b/c they are using one of the oldest tricks in the book--trapping a gay man with a baby. 

Abi and Babe are equally pathetic and this story is stupid. Is Abi even really pregnant? If so, how is Abi gonna play this off when she's not showing in a few weeks? Or when she goes to the doctor and is confirmed not be pregnant? This story just wreaks of stupidity, but I hope it quickly wraps up. 

Moving on to a story I actually like, I am glad that Patrick eased up and realized that Jordan needs to stay with them. Given Paul's sketchy past, I am shocked that DTC didn't make Patrick instantly want to keep Jordan around--a way to somewhat sort out his demons with his son, who he lost to the violent streets. Kim continues to annoy me with her assuming that Jordan is the gateway to Lucas returning. Regardless, Lucas was gonna return into Denise's orbit if given the chance. I don't see how that is on Jordan.