Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think the being a brunette suits Katherine Kelly. I think it's her natural colour too.

She sort of looks like an old Hollywood star now.

Even though Becky was torture to watch from 2008 onwards, I think she deserved her Best Exit award, as it was one of the few times in recent years Corrie did any exit/final episode properly.

soaps_bsa_winners_6.jpg

• Members

I liked Bet's 1995 exit, but she clearly left as a broken woman and there was a depressing overtone to the whole thing. At least Elsie and Hilda had happy endings.

I also think Julie Goodyear had issues with the management on the show at the time. I don't think she left on good terms with the producers at the time.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

The exit fit Bet like a glove, more than a happy ending would have (Bet was always a smile on her face, crying on the inside character), but it just was so sad. I hate how often people only remember her botched return and say oh she was awful, she should never be on the show again, blah blah blah, while we are stuck with "legends" like Carla. What I hate most is that Collinson's Corrie told us that Betty let her best friend leave town in shame instead of signing the pub over to her.

Due to many factors, Corrie seemed to have poor endings or non-endings for most of their longtime characters. Hilda and Stan probably had the best.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I guess she'll be there until next year. I am not surprised by this, as it was said from the very beginning that she wouldn't be around long. They clearly only cast her because she's friends with Phil Collinson, not because she was suited for the role or because she had longevity.

Collinson probably won't stay a lot longer either, since he clearly hates Corrie and everything it ever stood for. So who cares about what is best for the show when you can just give your friends some money?

• 2 weeks later...