Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Members

Right, I knew about his brother--funny given his QAF character's obsession with Dr Who. I meant I'll tune into CBC's airing of Corrie more often to see if he's still on (though who knows how often I actually will). The biggest surprise was when he popped up in Titanic...

I've foudn the judges on Strictly Come Dancing (the very very little I've watched it) worse than Dancing with the Stars in terms of nastiness--though he wasn't much of a comfortable dancer in the many club scenes of QAF either (granted that's a very different kind of dancing, and fit with his shy character) so I'm not too surprised ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She's becoming a harder character but I think it makes sense. I just hope they don't go too far, as they have with Molly.

Some casting news -- Keith Duffy (Ciaran) is leaving, by his own choice, to focus more on his band, Boyzone. The little girl who plays Amy has been replaced.

I really liked the exit for Kelly, I thought it was a good fit for her character, and a throwback to the name Danny Baldwin had for her ("Legs").

• Members

Corrie has a lot of problems (too many attempts at sensationalistc storytelling, overuse of characters until people get sick of them), and the stories at the moment are not great. I do think that they have improved recently, there's a lot of good conflict and emotion between characters - Nick/David (spoiled by a poor recast, unfortunately), Gail/Audrey, and Pam/Molly, Kevin/Molly, good scenes with Bill and Kevin, Kevin and his kids. Simon's kidnapping ended in an odd anticlimax, I don't really imagine that was what they originally had in mind, but that story was also decent up to then. I'm looking forward to Sophie's upcoming story. They've done a very good job with her over the past year.

I think the show is still in passable shape, although with plenty of room for improvement. I mostly watch for certain characters, especially the older characters, who are still allowed lives and emotions, unlike what's become of, say, the veterans on Emmerdale recently, or poor Pat on Eastenders, who has a severe heart attack one week and the next is treated like a slave by Bianca.

Edited by CarlD2