Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do like the Windass family. They stopped writing them as being horrible and nasty and started trying to make them more sympathetic. Gary could be a decent young guy, and he's not too hard on the eyes.

Molly/Kevin was a mistake from the start. The age difference doesn't bother me so much as the lack of chemistry, the poor pacing, the awful dialogue early on ("jump your bones" "you like me when I'm sweaty") and that the woman who plays Molly is not suited for any type of young vixen role.

• Members

I was catching up on 2009 episodes and was blown away by the work from Eileen Derbyshire, who has played Emily for almost 50 years. She rarely gets a storyline and is often sneered at by some fans as "boring" or as dead weight. Yet when she does get material, she more than delivers.

This is a few moments from a story where Emily, who has basically been alone since her husband was murdered 30 years ago (she's had a few relationships but most of them were not happy), has fallen in love with Ramsay, recently arrived brother to her lodger, Norris. Norris hates Ramsay because of a past family conflict and refuses any efforts to get over the past. Finally he is so rude that Ramsay decides to return to Australia. He dies on the airplane trip, and they learn he had a brain tumor and he'd known he was dying the entire time he had been visiting them. She finally cannot take anymore and gives Norris a real dressing down.

She talks with Rita afterward:

Edited by CarlD2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Kim Crowther interview, teasers for the next few months.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s3/coronationstreet/interviews/a201476/kim-crowther-producer-corrie.html

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s3/coronationstreet/news/a201477/loads-of-coronation-street-character-teasers.html

It's funny that they ask why Molly would want Kevin. I didn't know why Kevin would want her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't know how much of it is online; a lot used to be on Youtube but was taken down. He played a businessman named Luke Strong. He was a charmer type, but a bit quirky. He had a mystery past which they never delved into because the actor only stayed around for 9 months. He was involved with several women. His exit story was conning an annoying girl out of her money to help solve his cash problems.

He was on Strictly Come Dancing last year. That is on Dailymotion I think. He annoyed some fans as he couldn't dance and kept saying "I want to at least get to Blackpool (they were going there for a special show -- he was from Blackpool)." He was sort of endearing though, although somewhat deluded about his talent. The judges were often very harsh towards him -- the judges ruin that show.

You can see a LOT more of him in a movie called O Marabella.

His brother is Dean Lenox Kelly, who was in early episodes of Shameless and played Shakespeare on Doctor Who a few years ago.

Edited by CarlD2