Toups

Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

1,732 posts in this topic

I don't really believe anything that man writes. 

 

If it is true, then it makes me laugh, as many thought that Daniel would return as gay or bisexual and cause problems for Billy and Todd.

 

Instead, he's 100% straight, and in a boring pairing with one of the most irritating women on the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan Wooton is a genuine horror and I can only guess he's got the goods on somebody to manage to keep his jobs in print and on air. His face is revolting and his Kiwi accent is even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Daniel was the 'shocking' culprit behind Ken's fall? I would've never guessed that...<_<

 

And I am also guessing that from today's preview of next week that Nick will leave in a blaze of glory (hopefully not killed), and that Daniel killed his mom and buried her in the backyard (a la Knots Landing & Brookside). :rolleyes: 

 

I love Kate Oates when she gets it right but when she gets it wrong, boy does she get it wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denise Black is supposed to be filming again so I'm guessing she isn't dead. But it's all empty shock value. And based on her new interview she has no idea of Adam's backstory - Ken never "abandoned" Adam. But it's all plot, no character with Oates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I am all for cleaning house on Corrie (as they need to), but if Nick is killed off, that's sheer stupidity. Why kill off Nick when he is still viable in the future? Also, the Platts have already suffered enough this past year. Why make things worse for them by killing off Nick? Gail and David have grieved enough. Give them a freaking break. Plus, poor Sarah already has enough doom and gloom with Bethenny. This is serious overkill. 

 

Why couldn't Nick simply leave the Street and meet up with a very pregnant Carla, who reveals she's knocked up by Nick and they go off into the sunset. 

 

Now with Chesney, I am all for him being killed off as he's been deadweight for the longest. I'd only wish that they'd do in his sister, Fiz too.  

 

Does Kate Oates need for me to send her a list of the right people to kill off b/c I'll do it if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

Wow. I am all for cleaning house on Corrie (as they need to), but if Nick is killed off, that's sheer stupidity. Why kill off Nick when he is still viable in the future? Also, the Platts have already suffered enough this past year. Why make things worse for them by killing off Nick? Gail and David have grieved enough. Give them a freaking break. Plus, poor Sarah already has enough doom and gloom with Bethenny. This is serious overkill. 

 

Why couldn't Nick simply leave the Street and meet up with a very pregnant Carla, who reveals she's knocked up by Nick and they go off into the sunset. 

 

Now with Chesney, I am all for him being killed off as he's been deadweight for the longest. I'd only wish that they'd do in his sister, Fiz too.  

 

Does Kate Oates need for me to send her a list of the right people to kill off b/c I'll do it if necessary.

For yrs now Corrie has been doing things for the shock valve. I hope neither Nick or Chesney is killed off, in an over the top manner. Nick's a legacy kid. I hate when writers kill their next gen characters. I liked Chesney as a kid but he grew into rather boring adult. I miss the days when Corrie had light comedic stories. These dark, trashy shock valve stories need to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

For yrs now Corrie has been doing things for the shock valve. I hope neither Nick or Chesney is killed off, in an over the top manner. Nick's a legacy kid. I hate when writers kill their next gen characters. I liked Chesney as a kid but he grew into rather boring adult. I miss the days when Corrie had light comedic stories. These dark, trashy shock valve stories need to go.

 

I agree. Corrie has gotten to dark lately. I do think that Corrie should've had a serial killer off a lot of the irrelevants on the street (Fiz, Chesney, Sean, etc.). That's what Phelan should've been before being killed off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

 

I agree. Corrie has gotten to dark lately. I do think that Corrie should've had a serial killer off a lot of the irrelevants on the street (Fiz, Chesney, Sean, etc.). That's what Phelan should've been before being killed off. 

Do UK soaps do serial killer stories well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cassadine1991 said:

Do UK soaps do serial killer stories well?

 

It's the same as US soaps. Some times they have their duds. Other times they have their successes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind Chesney. He's harmless and kind of cute. I enjoy his scenes with Gemma. I didn't mind Andy either. Oates focuses on the wrong characters. Kill off Michelle or Fiz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I don't mind Chesney. He's harmless and kind of cute. I enjoy his scenes with Gemma. I didn't mind Andy either. Oates focuses on the wrong characters. Kill off Michelle or Fiz. 

 

Oh I am still pissed that she killed Andy and sent poor Steph off into the sunset alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TINKER DANGER RAPIST CRY

Coronation Street spoilers: Evil rapist policeman Neil to KILL Craig Tinker after he finds out about Bethany Platt’s ordeal?

Neil is part of Nathan Curtis' sick grooming storyline

SPOILER
By Carl Greenwood
30th May 2017, 11:01 am
 
Updated: 30th May 2017, 11:58 am

CRAIG Tinker could be put in serious danger in Coronation Street when Bethany Platt’s rapist Neil drives him to a remote location.

The trainee constable – who is played by actor Colson Smith in the ITV soap – isn’t aware that his mentor Neil is part of the sick grooming gang who have brutalised his friend, but it seems like he will soon discover the vile secret.

Craig looks terrified as his vile mentor Neil tells him something

MARK CAMPBELL/MCPIX
11
Craig looks terrified as his vile mentor Neil tells him something

Craig sits scared on the car’s boot as Neil texts someone

MARK CAMPBELL/MCPIX
11
Craig sits scared on the car’s boot as Neil texts someone

What are Neil’s plans for Craig and can he survive?

MARK CAMPBELL/MCPIX
11
What are Neil’s plans for Craig and can he survive?

Filming pictures show Craig looking terrified as Neil drives him to a remote location.

Corrie fans know that the gang already left Shona Ramsey fighting for her life when she tried to save Bethany, suggesting Craig could be the next target.

It comes as it was revealed Bethany will begin to self-harm as she comes to terms with what Nathan has done to her.

The actors lark about in a break between filming scenes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been watching this show for nearly three weeks, and the cast is so large that I can't honestly say I've seen or know who Chesney, Fiz, or Gemma are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.