Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

There are two new episodes of Freshers up. The stuff with Lee and Leanne or Joanne or whoever is kind of dull and stupid -- he's fine but she is kind of annoying. I also hate her hair. It's nice to see Bombhead again though -- Lee calls him again in the fourth episode.

The stuff with Tex seems like filler. I mostly just pass the time thinking how she reminds me of Louise and wondering if the guy she is with, the "rock star," will get naked.

As I suspected in the promo, Dave DOES get naked, and, as you can already tell by the way he wears jeans, he has a nice a$$. This is more entertaining than the arrival of Viv, a hitchhiker who is billed as "hot" but reminds me of a British Christine Lahti. Also more interludes with the annoying American (still not sure if that's his real accent) and Charlotte and Jamile. I like Jamile, I hope he will be a decent character when he's on the regular show. I also like how Charlotte looks out for him. Charlotte is a great character.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They should have kept some of the departures quiet, as now the deaths seem fairly predictable. And so many characters now are so isolated it's going to seem like a stunt to kill them off, they may not even get much of a funeral or a reaction, like poor Amy. A stunt only works if people can care. And if they have Steph die then it's just a copout in a story which already seems hollow.

These odd "Coronation Street Adidas" videos -- I think this is that dull Joanne from Freshers in this clip, at 1:24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YgQGdwyihg&feature=related

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

The actor that plays Brendan really outdid himself today. The whole time Kieron Richardson (Ste) looked like he was trying desperately to hide his embarrassment. Pathetic.

And if Rhys and Jacqui weren't already the most forced and convoluted pairing I have ever seen, today certainly clinched that sad fact. The characters, and especially the actors, deserve so much better than this trash.

And NO, 1) Carmel isn't that dumb and 2) She would NEVER for Brendan in a million years. Another fail.

And, of course, Cherly and Duncan ruined every second of airtime their ugly mugs were heavily (pun intended) forced upon us. Disgusting

Edited by Amello

• Members

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!

I cannot watch Brendan as this playboy, all knowing, God. It makes me sick to see how Marquess is constantly lowering the IQ's of my favourite characters everyday just to prop this ugly mug. He can't act worth a damn. It's not even so terrible it's good, it's just horrid.

• Members

I don't see a lot of chemistry so far, although my watching has been sporadic. The problem I had when I did watch is the story doesn't suit their characters (online dating, really??) and feels rushed. They're two of the show's best actors so I hope this works but it's hard to get involved. I kind of would rather have seen him with India.

• Members

A glimpse of the new credits.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/scoop/a275695/new-hollyoaks-titles-airdate-announced.html

It reminds me of Desperate Housewives.

I think that's one of the reasons I am not enjoying the revamp as much as a lot of people (many over at DS seem to love the show now and cannot get enough of Brendan, Cheryl, et al). The whole thing, when I watch, just feels generic. I'm not all that surprised to learn that Mitzeee was supposed to go on a Marquess project which didn't get off the ground so he put her on Hollyoaks. Her character, along with most of the Costellos, and Brendan, seem like bad parodies of a very cheesy primetime soap. I don't feel like any of this has anything to do with Hollyoaks. Everything is grafted on and shallow, which might be one of the reasons I can't entirely buy Steph's cancer story.

• Members

I'm hating Hollyoaks right now. The Brendan/Cheryl/Duncan show disgusts and revolts me. The Sharpe's are boring. The Costello's mostly suck. The reason I'm still watching is for my favourite characters that still remain, who are few and far between and when they are on, they're usually involved with characters I can't stand. I'll watch next week for Alex Carter and go from there.

• Members

I have a hard time watching, so I end up being a few weeks behind. When I do I enjoy some of it, there's some decent stuff, it's just hard to care about anything, or when I do care it's mostly being annoyed by something. I think they need to dial down the gloss on their new characters, and Brendan is just a creepy joke. I'm glad they are using some of the older characters, but for every Myra (who has had some entertaining material), there's Frankie and Jack who somehow still seem to be superfluous even when Steph is dying.

I also wish they would write Tom out, I don't see where this character can go now.

I still don't know why Gabby Sharpe needed kids.

Edited by CarlD2