Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At least he hasn't raped anyone out of love yet, so that's something.

I saw a comment saying that Ste is wearing some cross or there's a cross background in his opening credits shot. I guess that's to remind viewers - if it wasn't already 99.9999% obvious - that Ste exists solely as Brendan's property.

• Members

What does the wearing a cross represent for Ste being Brendan's property?! It sounds like one of those fangirl things that only makes sense in that fandom, so that they're convienced things are going their way. Like when Brian gave Justin a DRAWER in his apartment (on QAF US). It meant that Brian had also given Justin his heart. Or, when on ATWT, Noah will be so damn judgemental towards Luke, whenever he did something "bad" in order to help himself or others with something they wanted. Yet, it's okay for Luke to do things to benefit Noah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

If Hollyoaks just aired the Mercedes / Silas serial killer story then I'd totally be watching it right now. If they kill her off I'll be effing pissed though. She's always been my favourite McQueen. And since Amy looks to be a target / red herring this week, same goes for her too.

Also, Karen Hassan needs to commended. She's been doing great work from the beginning of this story.

• Members

I agree Karen Hassan really has been amazing and a driving force through this stroyline I just so can't wait to see where it's going to go over the next coupld of months as you can feel that's it's all starting to come to a head and leading towards some climax smile.png

Edited by yrfan09

• Members

OK, I did what a lot of people have done, and tuned into the show for the Silas story. There seemed to be enough buzz around it, that I decided to check it out for myself - and it's actually pretty awesome. I haven't watched the show properly for about 6 months during the whole Tony/Mandy relationship back in 2004/2005(? (domestic violence/Grace's death/Toby Mills...)), so I was quite surprised to see how good this story actually is. Karen Hassan and Jeff Rawle have been awesome, and without that level of acting, the story may not have been as good.

But, the rest of the show isn't that interesting at all. The new Freshers suck; they're pretty boring, and represent one of the things that annoys me about this show: they have a lot of scenes that consist of dialogue that means nothing; the Gaz/blonde girl/Liverpudlian chick/ and the kid named after Bart Simpson are boring and annoying, and even though I like some of the other characters there doesn't seem to be much left after Silas to keep me watching. And I wonder how many of the viewers the show has gained feel the same? Like all big storylines on a low rated soap, they only seem to profit on the short term, but never in the long term.

I've always wanted to know this: why does the show only film with one camera? They seemed to have always filmed like this, but I wonder why they don't upgrade to 2 cameras, saving them time and money and allowing them to use the cast better?