Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Sure, I agree. But I've seen all too many times it being called a soap opera, from RTS to the Guild and so on.

More correctly, it's a serial, but this new producer that came now has re-introduced self-contained episodes so even that is a shaky classification.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Of course I like Louise - she's the hottest woman on the show! :wub: I've been making edits of her on youtube. :D

Clare :wub:

I'm glad Russ stayed but does this mean Caroline's leaving for good?

How old is Zak? And Michaela is around 16, 17?

Cindy is great!! I'm liking her with Darren.

Poor Dom. He's such a good guy. I felt bad for him when Tina booted him.

• Members

Some pics of the Hollyoaks stars who attended the Inside Soap Awards earlier in the week:

Ellis Hollins with his award:

45083050997_10.jpg

Carley Stenson in this hideous Asian-inspired thing:

45083049821_10.jpg

Gemma Merna (Carmel):

45083049751_10.jpg

Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes) looks like she's dressed for a beach party:

45083049830_10.jpg

Leah Hackett (Tina):

45083050673_10.jpg

Hannah Tointon (Ex-Katy):

45083051977_10.jpg

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Administrator

I always laugh whenever I see Ellis. Such a cute kid.

Onto this past week's episodes....it was a week of revelations...Mercedes finally knows and she beat the heck out of Malachy (which he so deserved! As if he slept with her again!)...and Newt found out about Jack.

How cute was that Amy/Josh flashback to their "antlers kiss"!! When was that scene, like 3-4 years ago?

Cindy was looking hot! :wub:

So Holly kind of takes after her mother, eh. Like the way she teased Tom about Nial being his new father (and a couple weeks ago when Tom had to go to pee really badly and she stole the bathroom away from Tom :lol:).

• Members

If you think this was a week of revelations, wait until you see what's coming up in the next two weeks. One big story that's been building for a year finally climaxes with a HUGE event. ;)

Poor Mercedes, she's finally ready to settle down in a committed relationship, and she's lied to and might be infected with HIV. I totally understood her smacking Malachy. It was soo Mercedes, she doesn't take s-hit from anyone. I do hope that she can work things out with Malachy though, I like them together, they're so alike.

I like how the McQueen's are always there for each other, even if they drive one another crazy. I like how Myra and Jacqui confronted Malachy, and Jacqui and Mercedes have always had their problems in the past. I really liked the scenes when Mercedes broke down with Jacqui, after she took the HIV test and started flirting with everyone.

Amy and Josh are meant to be, and they should've never broken up. There's so much history there, and their families HATE one another, even though Sarah (Amy's sister) and Hannah (Josh's sister) are best friends. When Sarah was dating Hannah and Josh's brother, Rhys, Rhys was having an affair with Sarah and Amy's mother, for those of you who want to know.

The next few weeks are going to be explosive! :)

I think it was 2 and half years ago.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Administrator

Hmm......I'm going to guess the Niall revelation? (don't tell me) :)

I love angry Jacqui and when she was about to punch Malachy.

Yeah, they're great together and their family history makes them even more interesting.

• Members

Okay so I,m watching September 2006 right now and man I feel so bad for Nicole. That girl cannot catch a break. All those a*holes bullying her and treating terribly. :angry: Plus, I really want to know who Amy's baby daddy is! Oh yeah and Sonny Valentine NEEDS to die like yesterday. HATE HIM.

• Members

The beginning of Bryan Kirkwood's tenure as producer.

None of these characters are on the show anymore. LOL!

Things start heating up in October and November 2006. And of course there's the Christmas 2006 episode where Clare tries to kill a sick Max when they go to the cabin, and OB comes to his rescue and punches Clare. LOL!

The JP and Craig storyline also begins in late 2006, that along with Clare's reign of terror would drive major storylines in 2007, of course.

• Members

No, Amy, Sarah, and Nancy are all still with the show. If you read this thread in detail, you'd know that. :P

Nicole and Sonny are gone.

Russ Owen gets more interesting in 2007, especially with his entanglement with Mercedes and how she treats him like crap. LOL!

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner